Bar Bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Bender

Hey Sonora Iron, You posted a pic in the testing of welds thread of a bender. Didn't want to get caught up in that thread but I was thinking it looks like the same bender HF sells, is that the one?

If so, would you or anybody else recommend Harbor Freights bender?

I need one for some of my own testing. I'm gona practice with the Dynasty 200 and see how it stick welds. I did run a few rods with it and I was impressed. I'm no pro and haven't stick welded in many blue moons but it sure felt good. I was also checking out the video camera with welding so I'll post it but it wasn't anything serious.

I see no limitations with the 200DX as a stick machine, well maybe duty cycle but haven't looked in the manual for that with stick.

so a second question is, what do you guys think about stick welding with this machine?

Just trying out the welder on some plate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XATxc9yRw4

Best 49 bucks i ever spent. I have bent 100's of thousands of parts and still going...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

That be the one!
      The first bend is the easiest! Making all the rest the same is the hard part.

I use my 300 DX on stick all the time! I think you’d have to be really getting after it with some 5/32 7018 or 7024 to hit the duty cycle, but then again I never used a 200.
      Caution!
      These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

bends

You got that right I had a lot of bends that only matched themsleves. I poured concrete base for a machine and the superintendant wanted to know if I had the bolts in the right place. I guaranteed him that one would be right, he left scratching his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
          That be the one!
          Making all the rest the same is the hard part.
          I tell people that the things that I make are one of a kind. I just don't tell them why.
          Jim

Comment

LOL Jim,
            Guess I will pick up one of these when I can get to town.
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X