Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarbedNotch
    replied
    On 115v the breaker pops. It works 10x better on 220. I ended up selling my brother the 375.
    I now have the 625 x-treme. Much more portable.
    Last edited by CarbedNotch; 12-05-2009, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nikodell
    replied
    Thanks guys I think you helped me settle on the 375, it really should do all I need, and it is closest to my target cost. It is often hard to keep these realities in check. Thank You All Again! Nick

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeswelding View Post
    No question, the Extreme is a better choice. The 375 was supposed to work equally well on 120 or 240, but the fact is that it would regularly trip a 20 amp breaker, even at the lowest setting. The Extreme works well on either 120 or 240, and the setting knob clearly shows where the "breaking point" is.
    Mike;

If you are popping a 20amp. breaker reguarlly, you have problems some where else !
    I ran my 375 on 120v. for six months ( Never Popped the 20amp. breaker !) before I ran 240v. out to my shop !!
    To make matters worse you are popping breakers at the Lowest Settings !!

............ Norm
    Last edited by nfinch86; 12-05-2009, 03:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tryagn5
    replied
    Have a 375...

I have a non extremely 375....been resting on top of my maxtron for 2 years now, works awesome, will cut 3/8 well. Dont see any reason for the extreme unless u want to move it around, honestly the 375 is not that heavy. No heavier then a roll of welding cables...
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• mikeswelding
    replied
    375 vs 375 xtreme

No question, the Extreme is a better choice. The 375 was supposed to work equally well on 120 or 240, but the fact is that it would regularly trip a 20 amp breaker, even at the lowest setting. The Extreme works well on either 120 or 240, and the setting knob clearly shows where the "breaking point" is.

Leave a comment:

• Desertrider33
    replied
    The 375 and 375X have the same output and features. The difference is size, weight and price. 375X is much smaller, lighter and more expensive, all due to it being an inverter instead of a transformer machine.

Inverter plasmas like the 375X, 625X, 875 and Powermax 30 and 45 are ideally suited to on-site mobile jobs. The transformer machines are better for shop work where you dont need to carry them around alot.

Leave a comment:

• BC Iron works
    replied
    go to cyberweld.com they miller and TD
    and good info the 52 is a good machine
    for $1480.00 and you get a free stick
    welder with it

Leave a comment:

• nikodell
    replied
    Originally posted by BC Iron works View Post
    i like my 375 the x is a inverter and
    iv herd from dynasty 200 owners when
    they stop working they cost a lot of money to fix
    Having looked around the web forums this is a concern of mine, seems they have more issues also; are the Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    inverter units? I have been swaying myself to this unit. Its only double of what I want to spend and I can get the free little buzz-box, but that is the norm isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• BC Iron works
    replied
    i like my 375 the x is a inverter and
    iv herd from dynasty 200 owners when
    they stop working they cost a lot of money to fix

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    Yes, but what exactly is the difference between the 375 and the 375 X-treme, besides coming with the hard case? What do they leave out in the much smaller model? What features are present in one, but not the other? I am trying to decide which one to get.
    Last edited by Joe from N.Y.; 12-03-2009, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    There actually are the same as far as power consumption.

The real advantage IS size and weight. They both cut the same.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• nikodell
    started a topic Spectrum 375 -VS- 375 Extreme

Spectrum 375 -VS- 375 Extreme

I think i need to break down and spend the money but Would I be correct in my assumption that the Extreme model would be more energy efficient?

What other pros and cons to the 2 machines other than weight and size?

Thank You All!
Working...
X