Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 300 question

Hi all,

New to the site. Have been reading it for a while. I have the opportunity to buy a used Dynasty 300 SN LA160307. Won't get a chance to try it out. Infomation on it says the HF start doesn't work. It will scratch start supposedly. Only other comment is - it will need a new HF generator. Any thoughts on what that might mean - or does that make sense for this type of welder.

It is currenlty owned in a university lab for students to use. I am trying to understand what I might be looking at for repair costs before I make a bid on the machine. I will just be using it for my shop at home.

Thanks for any help.

You'll need a HF board. They're around $400.
    You might want to check the HF points. It should be at .010. Need to pull the cover to check.
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Thermal Arc 400 MST
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

school....

I love buying non working items from goverment agencies....Lots of the time it is something simple. Most time they are to lazy to fix it.
      Kevin
      Lincoln ranger 305g x2
      Ln25
      Miller spectrum 625
      Miller 30a spoolgun
      Wc115a
      Lincoln 210mp
      F550 imt service truck

Comment

Thanks for the info - will let you know.

Comment

Might even be more simple than that.

Being that it is in a school, it wouldn't surprise me if someone got into the microprocessor settings and goofed them up.

First thing I would do when I got it home was do a SYSTEM RESET. Then start taking your checks.

A-

Comment

Working...
          X