Firestorm grinder died today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive had em all, but the best is from a yard sale

i picked up a ryobi, dont know much about it cuz it was used but it really works great, seems to have higher rpm (seems to,) and it also feels to have more power, i was dissapointed with a milwakee i bought a few yrs. back, cord broke inside housing, warranty repair, nightmare,

Comment

Originally posted by captkipp View Post
      Tri GAs (matheson) had a deal going where you bout 25 disks you got the grinder for free. Another part was you bought 100 you got the bigger grinder for free. But you had to buy steel grinding disks and I use more of the aluminum grinding type and they woulndn't make the change.
      Sounds like a deal, butnot one in my area that I know of. Looked at a 10 amp today, maybe for Christmas.
      Rick

Trying to succeed, Learning by failing
      HH210 (Merry Christmas to Me)
      HH 140
      Hyper Therm Powermax 600
      Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
      Forge
      Victor & Harris Oxy/Act
      HydMech 225 cold saw
      several grinders
      Rigid Chop Saw
      4x6 band saw
      Never enough clamps

Comment

Hey Rick long time no hear from, If you sign up for TSC for their emails they have been sending 15 20% discounts coupons for online purchases pick up at the store. Glad to see the health problems have subsided.
        glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Comment

Originally posted by PTsideshow View Post
          Hey Rick long time no hear from, If you sign up for TSC for their emails they have been sending 15 20% discounts coupons for online purchases pick up at the store. Glad to see the health problems have subsided.
          3 1/2 months out of back surgery. Just starting to get back. The drill press at the shop still has rust on the table. The up side is I can work in it now.
          Rick

Trying to succeed, Learning by failing
          HH210 (Merry Christmas to Me)
          HH 140
          Hyper Therm Powermax 600
          Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
          Forge
          Victor & Harris Oxy/Act
          HydMech 225 cold saw
          several grinders
          Rigid Chop Saw
          4x6 band saw
          Never enough clamps

Comment

Buy a Dewalt 4 1/2" 11 Amp grinder with a paddle switch if you want quality. Mine ahs been heavily abused and it still works perfect. I paid $85 for mine from Northern States Supply.
            I dont know about everybody else, but I like having a paddle switch on mine grinders

Comment

Originally posted by RTCmiller View Post
              Buy a Dewalt 4 1/2" 11 Amp grinder with a paddle switch if you want quality. Mine ahs been heavily abused and it still works perfect. I paid $85 for mine from Northern States Supply.
              I dont know about everybody else, but I like having a paddle switch on mine grinders
              Ditto! I used to have a B&D, then I really liked my Milwaukee. The new DeWalt's have a rubber like pad on the spindle which makes even the hardest jammed up disc easy to remove. I'll stick with it.
              Miller Syncrowave 200
              Homemade Water Cooler
              130XP MIG
              Spectrum 375
              60 year old Logan Lathe
              Select Machine and Tool Mill
              More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Grinder

Have a 9005B Makita 5" Mid size Grinder, Had this grinder 25 years still running. Used ever day first 15 years I think this is the best grinder out their Also have another one about 12 years old.

Vernon
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X