can crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can crusher

i need some pics of a can crusher if u dont have any instructions would be nice and what kind of metal to use.
    serious welder lol!!!!

hobart 140 handler
    dewalt mitor saw
    makita grinder
    dewalt saw
    dewalt drill gun
    a nice hammer
    and some clamps

"Cans & Cant's"

Originally posted by schwede View Post
    i need some pics of a can crusher if u dont have any instructions would be nice and what kind of metal to use.
    Schwede: At last count, there are over 600 types and styles of cans manufactured today, EXCLUDING trash cans.

One can only surmize, you are interested in crushing aluminum beverage cans.

One can make said crusher as simple or as complicated as they want.

One can make it mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or combination of all four.

One can make it from simple scrap metal(s), or exotic alloys.

One can use a BF sledge hammer and a concrete floor.

One can drink bottled water, and need not worry about crushing cans.

I can't think of any other ideas.

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Can crusher

It has been my experience that Golden Retrievers like to chew cans, and will reduce them to shreds in a few minutes. I suspect Labradors would be similarly inclined, with even stronger jaws. My Flatcoats prefer soft toys.

For a mechanical crusher, I would favor a roller mill, a series of steel rollers increasingly closer together. You could also make a three sided box, with a ram powered by a pnuematic cylinder, or hydraulic powered if you were so inclined. Here is a good project to express your artistic personality. Go for it!

Comment

This was recently being discussed on the welding project fourum:
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...read.php?t=103

Jay

Comment

Have both...

Originally posted by Watergoat View Post
          It has been my experience that Golden Retrievers like to chew cans, and will reduce them to shreds in a few minutes. I suspect Labradors would be similarly inclined, with even stronger jaws. My Flatcoats prefer soft toys.

For a mechanical crusher, I would favor a roller mill, a series of steel rollers increasingly closer together. You could also make a three sided box, with a ram powered by a pnuematic cylinder, or hydraulic powered if you were so inclined. Here is a good project to express your artistic personality. Go for it!
          Ok labs do not chew on cans, they chew on the wifes hi tops chairs, infact they reduce a full size chair into wood shaving. They chew on bansters, and the ends of cabinets! Dont ask me how I know this, ask my lab Koda as there is not a toy he will do destroy. My golden will take a plastic bottle and shread it in seconds, while hiding here toys from the lab!
          Kevin
          Lincoln ranger 305g x2
          Ln25
          Miller spectrum 625
          Miller 30a spoolgun
          Wc115a
          Lincoln 210mp
          F550 imt service truck

Comment

Originally posted by schwede View Post
            I use my size 14 RedWings.

Griff

Comment

Can crusher

If I could post pictures I would of a can crusher my friend built works great. I will be there tomorrow I will take a picture, and try if I can to load it.

Dave you missed a few that I can think of, American, Mexican, African, lots of cans that can crush cans, if you can get them too!

Comment

Originally posted by Watergoat View Post

But the Vet bill and discomfort for the dog to remove those items from the G.I.tract can beMike

Comment

Or you can go with my method, just slam the darn thing as hard as you can on your forehead.........

Comment

Working...
                  X