Maxstar 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxstar 140

Help, I have a Maxstar 140, the one made in Austria I believe, I probably only have 30 or so hours on it when it fried, a resistor on the board.....I was told that it would be over $600 to repair, for the parts alone, it sure seems that these machines were destined to fail....is there any help from Miller, I am now worrying about the Dynasty 200 DX I have, Thanks, Paul
    More Spark Today Pleasesigpic

Warranty ?

Originally posted by paulrbrown View Post
    Help, I have a Maxstar 140, the one made in Austria I believe, I probably only have 30 or so hours on it when it fried, a resistor on the board.....I was told that it would be over $600 to repair, for the parts alone, it sure seems that these machines were destined to fail....is there any help from Miller, I am now worrying about the Dynasty 200 DX I have, Thanks, Paul
    Paul;
    30 hrs., Is it not under warranty still ?

.............. Norm
    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by paulrbrown View Post
      Considering it's likely 7 or 8 years old and its basicaly one big circuit board. $600 isn't all that bad to fix it hmmm, 30 hours on that old of a machine is a little odd as well.

The 200DX is totally different, somewhat like comparing apples to mud.

Comment

How old is the machine? Miller has 3-year warranty on most of their machines.
        Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
        Millermatic175
        MillermaticPassport/Q300
        HTP MIG200
        PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
        ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
        DialarcHF, Radiator-1
        Hypertherm PowerMax 380
        Purox oxy/ace
        Jackson EQC
        -F350 CrewCab 4x4
        -LoadNGo utility bed