Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bead Hand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bead Hand

    Attached is a picture of son#2 running beads on 36" in MN
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Wonder what the helper is trying to protect with that piece of plywood? Why would your son weld left handed when he is right handed? Or is that a borrowed pancake? I can see welding with the off hand in tight places, but it doesn’t look too tight there!
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cool

      Originally posted by Finney View Post
      Attached is a picture of son#2 running beads on 36" in MN
      A Lefty. LOL, Does he like it up thier. It takes a lot of hard work to get and stay on the front end, you should be proud.

      I think a friend of mine (Ricky Long) is on that line. Is it for Embridge? That projects suppose to last into 2010 ain't it?
      Last edited by Rig Hand; 11-08-2009, 05:49 PM.
      '08 F-350
      Vantage 400
      SA-250
      SA-200
      Invertec V350Pro
      Invertec V205T-AC/DC

      Miller 12VS suitcase
      Miller spectrum 2050

      Pipe beveler's
      Track torch

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
        Wonder what the helper is trying to protect with that piece of plywood? Why would your son weld left handed when he is right handed? Or is that a borrowed pancake? I can see welding with the off hand in tight places, but it doesn’t look too tight there!
        There's someone under him welding the bottom.
        '08 F-350
        Vantage 400
        SA-250
        SA-200
        Invertec V350Pro
        Invertec V205T-AC/DC

        Miller 12VS suitcase
        Miller spectrum 2050

        Pipe beveler's
        Track torch

        Comment


        • #5
          To me it seems more like you have 2 #1 sons.Enough to be more than proud.
          Millermatic 252
          Millermatic 180
          Dynasty 200DX
          Hobart spoolmate 3035
          Digital Elite

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rig Hand View Post
            There's someone under him welding the bottom.
            Oh!
            If it were me, I want a bigger piece!
            Caution!
            These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

            Comment


            • #7
              Rig Hand,
              Yes Ricky is on that job.

              Sonora Iron,
              He normaly welds right handed, But when you are running tops you weld both ways.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey ask son #2 if i'll send some pics when the snow start flying.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Finney View Post
                  Sonora Iron,
                  He normaly welds right handed, But when you are running tops you weld both ways.
                  Caution!
                  These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Attached is a picture of a track hoe they brought in to cross some wet ground.

                    Rig Hand, I got to meet Ricky in Ill last year, seems like a good guy.

                    Stickman, They have already sent some pics of the snow but I cannot find them.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Finney View Post
                      Rig Hand, I got to meet Ricky in Ill last year, seems like a good guy.
                      Yeah, Ricky's good stuff. Ricky and my uncles deer hunt togather here in KS. I haven't seen him in about 5 years because I've been out of town or he's not been able to come and I don't think this year will be any different, but we'll see.

                      Your sons doing pretty good to be a bead hand on a spread like that.

                      PS: Who's your son working for, Willbros. LOL Just joking.
                      '08 F-350
                      Vantage 400
                      SA-250
                      SA-200
                      Invertec V350Pro
                      Invertec V205T-AC/DC

                      Miller 12VS suitcase
                      Miller spectrum 2050

                      Pipe beveler's
                      Track torch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm sure you're quite proud of both sons Finney,,,I would be. I have two sons in the welding trade and I'll tell you what, I look forward to the day that the three of us could work on the same job. I think we'll call that a "Gordie Howe moment". Bob

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So, I wonder how the decision was made for who weld on top and who gets bottom, Draw straws? paper rock scissors? Or is he the FNG?
                          Miller 350P
                          Miller Econotig
                          Milwaukee Dry saw
                          Evolution Dry saw (for sale)
                          Scotchman 350 cold saw
                          7x12 bandsaw
                          1910 ATW 14 x 72 lathe
                          fridge full of adult beverages
                          Sirius radio

                          www.snpequipment.com
                          callouses and burns a plentysigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by STRENGTH AND POWER View Post
                            So, I wonder how the decision was made for who weld on top and who gets bottom, Draw straws? paper rock scissors? Or is he the FNG?
                            Arm wrestle with weak arm.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Finney View Post
                              Attached is a picture of a track hoe they brought in to cross some wet ground.
                              WOW!!! That is quite the machine, I can honestly say I've never seen one like that before.
                              at home:
                              2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                              2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                              2008 Suitcase 12RC
                              Spoolmatic 30A
                              WC-24
                              2009 Dynasty 200DX
                              2000 XMT 304
                              2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                              Sold:MM130XP
                              Sold:MM 251
                              Sold:CST 280

                              at work:
                              Invision 350MP
                              Dynasty 350
                              Millermatic 350P
                              Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X