No announcement yet.

Pay Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all your replys I gonna sit down later and give my self a pay increase.

Comment

I charge $60 to $120 an hour depending upon who and what it is they want me to do.
      Big 40 Deluxe
      12RC
      WC-24
      30A

Dynasty 700

XMT 456
      Custom Cart w/the following:
      S-74DX
      Optima Pulser
      Coolmate 3
      XR Control Box
      XR Alumna Pro Python W/C

CP 302 w/22A
      MM210
      Synchrowave 180 SD

Spectrum 2050

TB 302
      12RC
      WC-24
      30A
      HF 251 D1

Dynasty 200 Coming Soon

Comment

I have charged $100 an hr for many years now. It would be nice to raise it because everything has gone up and I live in a seasonal area.
        Truth is now tho... I play it by ear a quite a bit. If I can tell that the customer may balk a bit I simply charge accordingly and take my time and visit a bit and wear 'em down. When they see the quality and look at there clock and realize I'm cheaper than I said they leap on it. This reccesion calls for a bit of re-thinking at times and I intend to stay afloat as long as possible.
        Now if the workload is heavy and they are in primetime then all that crap is out the window
        Right now my biz is the only job I know of to go and get

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Pay Rates

I've learned that it's not good to try to be the cheapest guy in town. I work in the Maintenance Dept for a big Manufacturer in KC Missouri and was always being threatened about lay-offs so on the side I started a Locksmith business and do welding with it as well. No matter what I do I always charge minimum $60hr. Trip fee is always an added $65. I get material at wholesale and double the price to a customer or they can go buy it themselves. Better to advertise a higher rate and discount down than to up the price later. I also do a lot of weld art/junk stuff and when I determine the price, I base it on my $60 an hr and the cost of the junk (most of it is donated to me though). Good Luck!

Comment

My Hourly rate has been $ 80.00 Hr for the last 4-5 years, Portable tig aluminum is $ 100.00 Hr.
            1 man a helper and the rig go for $ 135.00 hr.
            2 men 2 trucks and one helper are $ 215.00 hr.
            My rate is based on from the time I leave the shop untill the time I get back.

I bid alot of my work so the rate varies, some times you winn and some times you loose, I've been doing this a couple years now so I usually dont loose.

My rig is a F-550 with a crane, compressor, mig set up and everything you can think of that a full service rig should have.
            My other rig has the same set up minus the crane.

I have a 2 hr. minimum so my truck does'nt leave unless they are ready to spend $ 160.00 min.

Comment

Working...
            X