X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TROP
    started a topic LIVE TRAP PLANS for RACCOONS/Animals

LIVE TRAP PLANS for RACCOONS/Animals

[B]I am looking to build a few live traps for raccoons and other animals. I was wondering if anyone has any plans, ideas, advice, instructions, pictures, etc.
    Please post or email me.
    Thanks For Your Help and Time!!
    TROP
    jstropea@yahoo.com
    [/B

• UH60LCHIEF
    replied
    Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
    See? that is exactly what I was talking about. Progressive is a recycled word from before the 20's. Who were the progressives? They were the ones that later appreciated Marx and Lenin and were the lefties of the day. They were the Marxists, either openly or covertly, but Marxists nonetheless. I did not make that up a bit...that is a matter of historical record.

So, chief, that is where that came from..the progenitors of the movement..not me or anyone that is currently alive. Progressivism turned into liberalism after the red scare/witch hunt and now its back to its root name or Progressive. The animal rights movement was born from the lefties..of liberals or progressives...whatever you want to call them. So, if you actually KNOW history and how things actually happened way back when, the association is not hard to make or miss. Those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it....and there is a LOT of repetition these days.

Obstacle to progress, huh? If that is progress.....leave me outta it. I'm not a winger...right or left. I have no talking points. I think and speak for myself. That said, I'm done with this as no good will come of continuing further.
    I have a degree in Political Science and History thanks. I am actually quite familiar with both political theory and the history thereof. You might want to do a bit more reading on it as your definitions appear to be a bit off. Here's a fairly accurate and short synopsis of the actual history though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_liberalism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

Me I'm a big fan of John Stuart Mill, but that is neither here nor there, this is a welding forum.

http://www.animalsheltering.org/reso...live_trap.html

Traps just need a trigger and a spring or weighted door. Obviously you would want to size it for whatever you intend to catch. The link shows a pretty good pic of the trigger mechanism. It's basically a pressure plate and a rod to actuate the door trigger so that the animal is far enough inside not to get hit by the door. If you've ever seen one up close they're really not much more complicated than a mouse trap with the exception that they don't smush whatever you're trying to catch.

Leave a comment:

• JSFAB
    replied
    Well, heck, if that's all you want, without all the discussion, just do a google

http://www.google.com/search?cf=all&...Search+the+Web

Leave a comment:

• TROP
    replied
    Need Live Trap Plans If Possible!!

Need live trap plans is possible. Specs and pictures would be great.
    Thanks!
    TROP
    jstropea@yahoo.com

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln Ave
    replied
    Live Traps

How did we get here? TROP's origional post was "does anyone have any plans for or pictures of live traps", because he would like to build some.I enjoy reading the threads posted here about machines and trouble shooting
    and projects and such,but we should keep on topic.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    See? that is exactly what I was talking about. Progressive is a recycled word from before the 20's. Who were the progressives? They were the ones that later appreciated Marx and Lenin and were the lefties of the day. They were the Marxists, either openly or covertly, but Marxists nonetheless. I did not make that up a bit...that is a matter of historical record.

So, chief, that is where that came from..the progenitors of the movement..not me or anyone that is currently alive. Progressivism turned into liberalism after the red scare/witch hunt and now its back to its root name or Progressive. The animal rights movement was born from the lefties..of liberals or progressives...whatever you want to call them. So, if you actually KNOW history and how things actually happened way back when, the association is not hard to make or miss. Those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it....and there is a LOT of repetition these days.

Obstacle to progress, huh? If that is progress.....leave me outta it. I'm not a winger...right or left. I have no talking points. I think and speak for myself. That said, I'm done with this as no good will come of continuing further.

Leave a comment:

• JSFAB
    replied
    I react badly to liberalism.
    Don ..... You absolutely NEED to start keeping up with current terminology. Even the "news" anymore doesn't use the term "liberal" often; it's been replaced by the word "progressive" ,,,, probably because it has been deemed much more palatable to the general public.

This of course means you, and anybody else who thinks like you do, is now considered an "obstacle to progress" ......

Leave a comment:

• UH60LCHIEF
    replied
    What does having a "liberal" mindset have to do with animal control? I swear it seems like right wing folks just have have no idea what the concept even represents. Marxsism? I bet the next talking point that is written up has something to do with the Nazis (never mind that the two ideologies are diametrically opposed). I guess if it's too long to fit on a bumper sticker it must be to complicated to consider. Yawn.

I have coyotes in my area, possum, and raccoons. I just shoot 'em. If someone feels the need to hug some trees and scrub some otters and live trap them, hey I'm all for it as long as you're not just making them somebody else's problem.

Leave a comment:

• FusionManiac
    replied
    It didn't take much to run this thread off topic.
    And there's nothing scary about some of these off topic comments either.
    Back to welding please.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Agreed. I react badly to liberalism. I know their history and where they intend to go and do and want no part of it. Neomarxism or outright Marxism is a cancer that needs to be removed. The bad part is the majority of the libs have no clue where the ideas came from nor where they are headed. Ignorance is no excuse. It will all be taken care of one day....and that will be a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionManiac View Post
    Hey, c'mon. I have a liberal mindset and I don't have a problem killing stuff.
    Better not come off like a D. Cheney brain. Liberal minded folks might start to think you're a right-wing radical.
    I'd rather go hunting with **** Cheney than to ride in a car with Ted Kennedy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FusionManiac
    replied
    Do you know me? Do you know who and what I am? Do you know where I am coming from?

Don't tell me what to do.
    Kinda touchy, huh?

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Do you know me? Do you know who and what I am? Do you know where I am coming from?

Don't tell me what to do.

Leave a comment:

• FusionManiac
    replied
    Hey, c'mon. I have a liberal mindset and I don't have a problem killing stuff.
    Better not come off like a D. Cheney brain. Liberal minded folks might start to think you're a right-wing radical.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    And attitudes like that are exactly why everything is so screwed up these days. No one wants to do what is necessary when nature is out of balance. I see the affects of high deer populations every single day. They are thin, underweight and diseased. Genetic problems abound due to the thick population. They also fight for food and destroy property because they must eat everything they see just to survive. The humane thing to do is thin the herd. Relocating them just transplants the same problem to a new area. That just extends the suffering of the relocated deer and adds the suffering of the deer already in the area that the new deer were added into.

They do not get overpopulated in the wild due to apex predators. These predators keep the population down by killing and eating the deer thereby keeping the population balanced since they don't kill more than they need. When man is the apex predator, the way to restore balance is no different than if an animal was the apex predator. That is the way of things...at least up until the last 30 years. I wonder what changed in the animal world that negates what nature itself uses to regulate population? Walt Disney did more damage to attitudes than anyone in regards to this. Animals can be appreciated without being personified. They are not more important than people and should not be treated as such. But that is what we see now.

My coon situation is due to the animals being relocated. They get dumped right down the road from me by a relocation company. The result is I have packs of destructive, rabies carrying pests that are killing all of my animals and destroying my property. It is illegal for me to relocate them as the state has declared them a dangerous pest due to the rabies outbreak. It is a felony if caught. Animal control will not come get them either since I live in an area where they can be killed legally. All animal control does is take them to a field and put them down with a .22 to the head. So, whether I do it or they do it, the end results will be the absolute same. The population here has simply exploded and the land can't support that many, thus the rampaging packs of coons decimating any food source they find. Since they are a near apex predator, they have very few enemies to control them, esp in a populated area. The only option is to thin them out and put them down. I don't like doing it, but must do what must be done to protect my domestic animals and property. I have no other options.

People use to understand land and animal management. Sadly, the liberal mindset has permeated society in this regard and has in effect really screwed up the animals situation. Ranchers who depend on the land understand it all to well. Our deer herds on the ranch were top notch because we would thin out the sickly, genetically deficient and substandard animals. The result was a very strong genetic line and a very healthy herd. They were also in numbers the land could support better and that improved their shape more than anything. The better shape they were in, the better their survival chances were and the chances of their offspring. Relocate the animals to be culled and you destroy the genetics and survival chances of the herd they were introduced to. Even the Indians understood this. It is just a fact of life. Whether you choose to submit to it is up to you. Just don't condemn something you obviously do not understand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X