bernard cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bernard cooler

I have a older v35 bernard cooler for my sycrowave 250. I thinks its close to a 1993 model and i need a new radiator for it. Does anyone know were i could find one.

thanks

I also have a Bernard cooler. Arc-Zone has the parts breakdown and part numbers on their website. Perhaps if you have a part number your local welding supplier can find a radiator.

How bad off is the radiator on yours? Any chances of repairing it? Perhaps an automotive radiator shop can repair it or even re-core it. I've heard of guys substituting an automotive heater core for the radiator in their home made coolers. I'm sure that you can figure out something along that line if needed. Myself though I'd opt to try to find the original replacement part if I could not repair mine.

On another note, I just had to replace the Procon pump on my cooler. I checked around and Arc-Zone was really high on a new pump, a little over 250.00 for one. After scouring the net I found a couple at 90 something plus shipping charges but was really surprised to find that Grainger sells them for 117.00 and there's a Grainger down the road from my shop.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

i think the guy before me let it freeze cause every cover coil is slit open some were. Do you think the new bernard coolers have the same size radiator? I wonder if bernard has a phone number i could call and talk to them directly....

Comment

You'd have to verify the sizes of the newer coolers vs. the older ones. I've been on their website and there is no mention anymore of the coolers. I'm wondering if they're still making them. Personally what I'd do is to take the radiator to your local welding supplier and see if they can help. I use Airgas and the sales staff there will bend over backwards for their customers. Perhaps that is just true at my store but you never know until you try. I worked at a place that had over 400 of them in service so someone is making parts for them. Arc-Zone may even be able to help you as they have the parts breakdown listed on their site so if all else fails call them and see what they have to say.

Good luck finding your radiator, sorry I don't have a spare lying around to sell you.
        Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
        Miller 340A/BP
        Victor O/A torches
        Lincoln SP125
        Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
        78 GS1000
        82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

thank you for your help.

P.S. The people at my local airgas are dumb a**es i dont think they have ever welded in there life.

Comment

Bernard V-35 Cooler

Stretch: Arc-Zone has the V-35 coolers for about $975.00

They also have an exploded diagram of your cooler, with all the part numbers. Do you know if the pump and motor are okay?

Give arc-zone a call, they have excellent customer service.

Dave
            Last edited by davedarragh; 11-04-2009, 03:28 PM.
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Stretch...contact me at [email protected] o l .com. I can prolly help you out if you still need it.

Comment

Working...
              X