Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wildcat 200 engine drive a Dynasty 200DX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcat 200 engine drive a Dynasty 200DX??

Do any of you guys run a Dynasty 200 DX with one of the new Wildcat 200s?
    I have gone back and forth between Trailblazer or Bobcat, and ended up ready to buy a Bobcat. The real reason I am interested in an engine drive is that I am becoming more on the road with my mobile mechanic marine service. A Trailblazer is way more than I need as far as a welder goes. Bobcats are good as power generation for other tools I have heard. But space and weight are a bit of a problem with all the other tools. Maybe I should consider a Wildcat?? The Miller catalog says it will run the Dynasty. Any of you try it? Are you going to talk me into a Bobcat? I am right on the edge, like probably buying one or the other this week! Thanks!

~Ian
    :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

Never used one but in theory it should have the necessary output to power a dynasty 200.
    2- XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1- Blue star 185
    1- BOBCAT 250
    1- TRAILBLAZER 302
    1- MILLER DVI
    2- PASSPORT PLUS
    1- DYNASTY 200 DX
    1- DYNASTY 280 DX
    1- MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1- HF-251 BOX
    1- S-74D
    1- S-75DXA
    2- 12-RC SUITCASES
    1- 8-VS SUITCASE
    2- 30 A SPOOLGUNS

Comment

yup.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ctorguide.html

Comment

ofcourse it will run a dyn. you can run it on the 120v or the KVA 240 plug.

the size of the wildcat is great at almost half the wieght of my trailblazer. i wish i had one for when i don't need all the power.
        TB 325
        TB 302
        dynasty 200sd
        spoolmatic 30a/wc24
        suitcase x-treme 12vs
        miller 211
        evolution rage 2

Comment

Sorry to be stupid, but...

....will it run the Dynasty at 100%? I definately like the small size of the Wildcat. I could pick the darn thing up, I am just a fisherman with a strong back and a weak mind!

Really, size and weight are at a premium in my old truck. Does anyone out there have a Wildcat? So far I am leaning that direction, unless someone talks me into a Bobcat 225 (or a 250 Bobber, Trailblazer 302, oh yea diesel airpack TB).

Thanks for the links, I saw those. I just wanted personal opinions.

Thanks again for your input!

~Ian

Comment

Personally, I think the Wildcat is a good idea, for some limited uses, but it's price is too high for what it is. A wiser use of the money would be to buy a used Bobcat or Trailblazer. More machine, less money. You likely won't outgrow the Trailblazer. The Wildcat you may outgrow in one season and it's resale market is limited.

Space and weight are a big concern on my single rear wheel one-ton truck, but I made space for the Bobcat and put heavier springs, tires and wheels on the truck to carry all the weight I carry for mobile fabrication and repair. Truck weighs nearly 11,000 lbs and is packed to the gills. She protests the big hills but does her job and all is well.

Your generator/welder is the heart of your mobile rig (aside from the truck itself). Don't sell yourself short on capability, you'll regret it later.
            Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
            Millermatic175
            MillermaticPassport/Q300
            HTP MIG200
            PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
            ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
            DialarcHF, Radiator-1
            Hypertherm PowerMax 380
            Purox oxy/ace
            Jackson EQC
            -F350 CrewCab 4x4
            -LoadNGo utility bed
            -Bobcat 250NT
            -PassportPlus/Q300
            -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
            -Suitcase8RC/Q400
            -Suitcase12RC/Q300
            -Smith oxy/propane
            -Jackson EQC

Comment

I personally love my TB, But not trying to talk you into buying one. What im saying is that i ran my 375x a compressor lights and a small lincoln wire feeder at the same time and it ran great, i will admit most times the machine is way above what i usually do but im really happy i own one for my business. so if you got the cash i would buy a bobcat.
              Syncrowave 250
              Millermatic 210
              dialarc 250
              spectrum 375x
              trailblazer 302
              Lincoln 135

Comment

Wow I can not believe a generator with such a low rated output can run a dynasty. Miller must way under rate there generators or be doing something special with the voltage regulation. I just took out a 5000watt generator with my dynasty even though it could supply the 20 amps at 240 the dynasty is rated at for tig. I was told the inverter machines need a generator with a surge at least twice the rated current draw of the machine.

-Dan
                Owner
                DW Metalworks LLC
                Miller Trailblazer 302
                Miller 8RC Feeder
                Miller Passport Plus
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
                Hobart Handler 135
                Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
                Smith O/A Torch Set
                Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

wildcat 200

I looked at the wildcat 200. but went with the Hobart 10.000. 230 amps 10.000 watt gen. also larger fuel cap. weight is 100 pounds more. have it in the back of my dodge 1500. no problems. diverdown. oh made by miller
                  sigpic2001 Dodge Ram welding truck. Hobart champion 10.000, miller Diversion 165. miller 180 autoset with spoolgun. SIP plasma cutter. Airless plastic welder.1996 28 foot bayliner for hauling dive and welding equipment

Comment

New Hobart?

Diver, is that the new Hobart Champion Elite? Was it brand new, and was the price comparable? Thanks for the help!

~Ian

Comment

wildcat 200

no . do not have the elite. just the plan champion 10.000. it was less money more amps and larger generator. I did like the fact on the wildcat you could use a pull cord to start, which the Hobart does not have. as I to work in the marine feild I like the larger generator option. have run 200 feet of 240 extension cord to weld on a dock with my wire feed.diverdown
                      sigpic2001 Dodge Ram welding truck. Hobart champion 10.000, miller Diversion 165. miller 180 autoset with spoolgun. SIP plasma cutter. Airless plastic welder.1996 28 foot bayliner for hauling dive and welding equipment

Comment

Hey Guys, Out of curiosity, what are the new Wildcat 200's worth ?

............. Norm
                        www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by engnerdan View Post
                          Wow I can not believe a generator with such a low rated output can run a dynasty. Miller must way under rate there generators or be doing something special with the voltage regulation. I just took out a 5000watt generator with my dynasty even though it could supply the 20 amps at 240 the dynasty is rated at for tig. I was told the inverter machines need a generator with a surge at least twice the rated current draw of the machine.

-Dan
                          "Took out"? as in the genset got toasted by running a Dynasty?

The Wildcat 200 is
                          6,500 Watts Peak
                          5,500 Watts Continuous
                          Ed Conley
                          http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                          MM252
                          MM211
                          Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                          TA185
                          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                          O/A set
                          SO 2020 Bender
                          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

I need to watch this thread. My cousin’s Bobcat, we are thinking of using for my dynasty 200. I'm not sure how the Bobcat's 220 receptacle is wired. As the Dynasty's plug has no neutral, just two hots and a ground.

Will the Bobcats ground be a correct ground for this? Being on wheels, how does that work anyway?

Seems related, hope not to hijack!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock40 View Post
                              I need to watch this thread. My cousin’s Bobcat, we are thinking of using for my dynasty 200. I'm not sure how the Bobcat's 220 receptacle is wired. As the Dynasty's plug has no neutral, just two hots and a ground.

Will the Bobcats ground be a correct ground for this? Being on wheels, how does that work anyway?

Seems related, hope not to hijack!!!
                              Couple things-

220v is 2 Hots and a Ground so the Dynasty should be good to go as long as ya have the matching Plug to mate up with the Bobcat. As far as I can tell the Bobcat has a 14-50 120v/240v Receptacle so you'll need the adapter:

Full KVA Adapter Cord
                              NEMA 14-50P to NEMA 6-50R. Adapts engine drive 120/240 V plug to common Millermatic� and Spectrum� 240 V plug.
                              Part#300158
                              http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ccessories.php

Ground is a relative term as it does not actually mean the Ground we stand on when discussing Engine drives- although it can

but yes the Ground in the receptacle on the Bobcat is correct and a ground
                              Ed Conley
                              http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                              MM252
                              MM211
                              Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                              TA185
                              Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                              O/A set
                              SO 2020 Bender
                              You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Working...