• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SignWave
    replied
    Convert!!!!!

Hiya Bert!
    Been a while..
    Go to Artsoft.something or other... Maybe you can convert the thing to run on Mach3? My CNC table is down right now and I am getting a hands on lessin in CNC controls! Its actually kinda cool! The break down licks, but the lessons rock!

So maybe one day I wll be ablet o build myself a funky chain driven CNC table of sorts.. That would be a great addition to the shop!

Hey I bought a new CNC mill Too! built by Novakon

Hope this doesnt constitute hijacking the thread.. Sorry if it does!

Hope youre well Bert! I need a vacation old man.. Got my passport too.........

Cheers!

Rick.

Leave a comment:

• cayager
    replied
    dynatorch 4x8

i might be selling my dynatorch 4x8.i bought it in 09 set it up and havent used it yet. im so busy with everything else, i never seem to find the time to use it. im on the fence about selling it.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by shovelon View Post
    there is a whole independant help group for plasmacam. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plasmapig/

the archives are tremendous, and the participants are fantastic. Just don't try to advertise anything there.
    thank you shovelon:d:d:d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• shovelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Heiti,
    At the High School where I work, we bought the plasmacam about 3 years ago. Had SOO many problems with it, and calling them was/seemd so useless....
    Software, hardware, they couldn't help us at all......So this past year it's just been just sitting lonely. I"m dying to use it....
    can you e-mail me??
    thanks,
    Bert
    [email protected]
    There is a whole independant help group for Plasmacam. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Plasmapig/

The archives are tremendous, and the participants are fantastic. Just don't try to advertise anything there.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    PT
    neat site!!! am running a PLASMACAM...

tnx
    Heiti
    Heiti,
    At the High School where I work, we bought the plasmacam about 3 years ago. Had SOO many problems with it, and calling them was/seemd so useless....
    Software, hardware, they couldn't help us at all......So this past year it's just been just sitting lonely. I"m dying to use it....
    can you e-mail me??
    thanks,
    Bert
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Hawker
    you might be surprised.. the plasmacam is not a high production super duty tool but is not a toy either.. for my purposes it works out just fine..and will cut the occasional one inch piece.. but to each his own.. good luck in your quest..
    thanks
    Heiti

Addl Info: That (plasmacam) table coupled with a Hypertherm Powermax 1000.. allows the power to cut fairly thick stuff and with the Finecut consumables.. it makes really nice cuts on the stuff thinner than 12ga.
    Last edited by H80N; 10-01-2009, 02:13 PM. Reason: Additional info

Leave a comment:

• HawkerMetalworks
    replied
    i was looking into plasmacam, but to be honest, it wasn't heavy duty enough, and the price tag was way too high for what it is. for a couple thousand more, you can get a 4x8 torchmate that'll handle 1 1/4" plate

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    PT
    neat site!!! am running a PLASMACAM...

tnx
    Heiti

Leave a comment:

• PTsideshow
    replied
    This site maybe of interest to you
    http://plasmaspider.com/index.php

Leave a comment:

• HawkerMetalworks
    started a topic CNC Plasma?

CNC Plasma?

Anyone on here running a CNC plasma table?

about 2 years ago i was close to pulling the trigger on a 4x8 table, but never did. i've kicked myself ever since because i spent 12K on laser cutting and the plasma would've only cost me 16K to startup. I'm thinking about starting to put some feelers out and see if I can get some business for it.
Working...
X