Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Engine.......

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    It must be a Mercury Marine 351W. My buddy had one in his boat. It would do 51 MPH all day and not one drop faster. I would just look for another motor...Bob
    Yep, but make the next one a 460 They sound REAL nice on the lake

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

welding cast

Had lots of luck simply preheating, using a high-nickel tig rod, and then either stuffing it into sand or sandwiching in mineral wool. Ceramic insulation works quite well

Comment

If it's cracked through the cam bearing journals I'd scrap the block and start over. You can probably even find a brand new Windsor block at Summit Racing Equipment. One thing though about marine engines and I learned the hard way in most applications the engine runs in reverse of the normal rotation. Bought a 22' cigarette back in 85 with a 454 LS6 and blew it to smitherines the first trip out with it. I replaced it with a blown 460 Ford only to find out the engine was running the opposite direction it needed to run in my boat. Once I straightened out the rotation situation I ran the daylights out of that boat for 3 years and I mean I beat on it hard!!!

I'd opt for a new block salvage the crank, put a new cam in it, forged aluminum pistons & rods and a cast aluminum performance manifold, but personally I'd put a B&M huffer on top of it for a little extra Umph!!!!
        Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
        Miller 340A/BP
        Victor O/A torches
        Lincoln SP125
        Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
        78 GS1000
        82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

Working...
        X