need welding work!! got laid off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need welding work!! got laid off.

well guys, it finally happened. the " depression" hit idaho. I got cut today. no work around here for portable guys right now. I know a few other guys that had to sell there rigs. Does anyone know of any openings in Wyoming, colorado,Oregon, Colorado, or Utah for a portable guy? I am a good welder, and dependable as they come. I'm a decent pipe fitter and have the tools. well, atleast what i need to fit irrigation pipe. lol.
    DAY WELDING LLc

1992 dodge cummins welding truck
    trailblazer 302
    2004 cummins welding truck.
    old SA 200
    Victor torch set
    Lots of crazy ideas!!

Sorry to hear the bad times have hit home. I wish ya the best of luck finding work.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Comment

Sorry to here that! I run a small portable welding biz here in Buhl Idaho! There is not a lot of work going on right now! I guess i have been lucky that my phone is still ringing, but most calls are for small little jobs! Nothing big at all! I get two to three calls a week from guys looking for a job! Now with Dell closing there doors in Twin Falls its not going to get better any time soon! Just hang in there!
      sigpic
      Miller Trailblazer 302
      Miller 12 RC wire feeder
      Miller HF 251D-1
      Miller 175 wire feed

Comment

"Stimulouse Money"

Originally posted by Day Welding View Post
        well guys, it finally happened. the " depression" hit idaho. I got cut today. no work around here for portable guys right now. I know a few other guys that had to sell there rigs. Does anyone know of any openings in Wyoming, colorado,Oregon, Colorado, or Utah for a portable guy? I am a good welder, and dependable as they come. I'm a decent pipe fitter and have the tools. well, atleast what i need to fit irrigation pipe. lol.
        Looking at my recent issue of "Rocky Mountain Construction," it appears most of this "Stimulus Money" is going for medial road projects, (that should done, but with fuel and vehicle tax money). Many of the projects in Arizona are 2 to 3 mile segments of major Interstates and US Routes. Little bridge work involved.

Colorado and New Mexico has some bigger projects, but couldn't find anything in Idaho, yet.

Just an idea, but look at Idaho's Stimulus Projects, and see where they are in the bid/award stage.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Dave
        "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Well things aren't any better in Ohio either I've been laid off since Dec. 29 and no prospects of finding anything soon either. Been doing some nickel and dime stuff out of the garage but nothing to brag about. Seems repair work is more plentiful than new stuff right now and that's what I've been doing. I've got over 30 years experience but who wants a 53 year old who walks with a real bad limp and lost partial use of their hands?
          Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
          Miller 340A/BP
          Victor O/A torches
          Lincoln SP125
          Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
          78 GS1000
          82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

"Buckeye Blondie"

Originally posted by Blondie_486 View Post
            Well things aren't any better in Ohio either I've been laid off since Dec. 29 and no prospects of finding anything soon either. Been doing some nickel and dime stuff out of the garage but nothing to brag about. Seems repair work is more plentiful than new stuff right now and that's what I've been doing. I've got over 30 years experience but who wants a 53 year old who walks with a real bad limp and lost partial use of their hands?
            What area in Ohio?

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I live in Trumbull County near Warren and was working in Cuyahoga County in Maple Heights. Wherebouts in the state are you from?

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
              What area in Ohio?

Dave

Miller 340A/BP
              Victor O/A torches
              Lincoln SP125

03 Ram 1500
              78 GS1000
              82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie_486 View Post
                Hi Dave,

I live in Trumbull County near Warren and was working in Cuyahoga County in Maple Heights. Wherebouts in the state are you from?
                Lived in Pike County from '71-'80. Worked at the Gaseous Diffusion plant during the "change-out," during that period. After 2 blizzards and a 9-month strike, it was time to move back West.

Dave

Comment

Dave,

I've been here too long now, came in 89. I wish I were either still back in Texas or the Carolinas! Oh the wrong decisions we make in life!!!!

Miller 340A/BP
                  Victor O/A torches
                  Lincoln SP125

03 Ram 1500
                  78 GS1000
                  82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

Working...
                  X