Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used welding rods from UZ engineered products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used welding rods from UZ engineered products?

I work for a state agency that has a contract with these people. I got my hand slapped for buying rods at the local welding supply that carry "good" rods. I was told that I need to buy the rods from UZ but their rod numbering is strange. Has anyone used rods from them? If so, please let me know how they do. The rods have "names" like joe dirt, big easy, hulk, and pink lady. I am not sure I would trust these rods or not.

Thanks
    Dustin

Never heard of them but I would contact their sales department and see what they cross reference with for a known rod number.

http://www.uzengprod.com/contactus.htm
    Last edited by fabricator; 09-15-2009, 04:53 PM. Reason: adding link
    2- XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1- Blue star 185
    1- BOBCAT 250
    1- TRAILBLAZER 302
    1- MILLER DVI
    2- PASSPORT PLUS
    1- DYNASTY 200 DX
    1- DYNASTY 280 DX
    1- MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1- HF-251 BOX
    1- S-74D
    1- S-75DXA
    2- 12-RC SUITCASES
    1- 8-VS SUITCASE
    2- 30 A SPOOLGUNS

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin4185 View Post
      The rods have "names" like joe dirt, big easy, hulk, and pink lady. I am not sure I would trust these rods or not.

Thanks
      Dustin
      I think they are just a local dist. We have a few like these around me. Here is a link to some of the rods. I can see some comparisons to some known numbers...Bob

http://www.uzengprod.com/Online%20Ca...0File%2013.pdf
      Bob Wright

Comment

They show comparison with Eutectic on their cross ref. chart.
        I would need to see more info myself to be sold on them, but they must be fairly good considering the fact no one has heard of them here but they have such a wide offering.
        Looks like all they sell is specialty rods.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

looking at the catalog, one looks like it is either 6010 or 6011, and others look like they may cross to standard electrodes. Call and ask.

If they can't or won't provide references to standard electrode specs, I'd be leery. As mentioned, it looks like dealing with eutectic: If you don't ask, they won't tell. With eutectic, in my experience, if you do ask, they will tell and provide documentation, for the electrodes that meet AWS/ASME standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin4185 View Post
            I work for a state agency that has a contract with these people. I got my hand slapped for buying rods at the local welding supply that carry "good" rods. I was told that I need to buy the rods from UZ but their rod numbering is strange. Has anyone used rods from them? If so, please let me know how they do. The rods have "names" like joe dirt, big easy, hulk, and pink lady. I am not sure I would trust these rods or not.

Thanks
            Dustin
            I know this is an older post but wanted to share that something I have noticed about the Eutectic, Certanium rods mentioned in some of the other replies is that they usually weld better on the cold side which is not really how I or most other people like to weld. If you weld them towards the high end of the amperage setting they tend to have pocket formations and inclusion from the flux. So we found if you use these special alloy all rods they are best welded with the joint being slightly vertical and the rod can feel kinda "gummy" as it goes into the joint. I asked the Sale person about this and he said that this observation is correct and that is what will get the mechanical properties and results they advertise. I have some of the UZ rods but cannot seem to get myself to use them over my Lincoln Excalibur rods.

Comment

i had a box of esab ok 7018 dam they welded nice anybody else use them? i usually use lincoln or blueshield they weld nice also.

Comment

Working...
              X