X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flange, all I can say is outstanding.

Wheelchair

Comment

Flange Jockey, I see you finally made the switch to this Forum. A month or two ago, someone here asked what a pipe weld was suppose to look like. I told them to search your name on hobarts forum. Glad to see your still alive and kickin' over there. Keep up the good work.

While we're on the subject does anyone remember Engliod from hobart. His signature was ''click here to see pictures of my work'' He is a heli-arcin' SOB.
      '08 F-350
      Vantage 400
      SA-250
      SA-200
      Invertec V350Pro
      Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
      Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
      Track torch

Comment

dave i live in belfast, i always thought they were US made rods, some years back we made the switch from a rod named AFROX, made in S/AFRICA these were also a very good capping rod, welders being welders nothing was ever going to run smooth again, i think had afrox changed the colour of their box this also would have changed how they performed if i have a favourite rod it would be vodex.F/K when in the shop i would normally have access to lincoln machines, ill hoke out a pic. WHEELCHAIR again thanks very much. WALKER belfast would be just a little far to do in an afternoon, the chances of me working in the shop are about 1 in 4 at that time of the year, perhaps if god spares us i could pop over and cheer you on, just to ask PB ?. RIG your handle isn,t one im familiar with but thanks for the welcome, my career on hobart was very short lived, perhaps you were thinking SHOP FLOOR TALK, a really nice group of guys. these pics should show what those welds were about f/j oh just realised RIG your not wrong as regards that guy ENGLOID, i work round top class tig hands, they also are impressed.
        Attached Files

Comment

When I view those pics all I can think about is "bender"

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

My handle was Tim R.
            I wasn't on their very reguarly but I did remember your name, probably because I would stair at those welds. You welds looked just as good then as they do now. Nice work.
            '08 F-350
            Vantage 400
            SA-250
            SA-200
            Invertec V350Pro
            Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
            Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
            Track torch

Comment

Flange, PB=Pipe Band.

Comment

tim thanks again, walker i can,t think of any better reason for a trip to SCOTLAND than to hear the pipes, and the drummers are also amazing, the BBC has just recently screened the military tattoo, there were drummers from SWITZERLAND , im not sure if you are familiar with them, outstanding. F/K im afraid i never really have the time or indeed the inclination to be cutting up pipes, tell the truth i would be very interested in seeing the results of any such experiment myself, would you be willing to give them a go. are you familiar with the term hubris heres a few more pics lads f/j
                Attached Files

Comment

I'll keep you posted as the time gets closer. A drummer in the band and I generally make a side trip for 2-3 days in the middle of the trip and might be able to swing a trip to Belfast. Would need to know where a good place to stay was, that sort of thing.
                  Last time I was in Belfast was in '86 and the troop trucks and guns there were quite a sight. We were a bit nervous at the time, as it was midnight when the ferry finally docked and we were forced to get onto a train and Belfast was where we ended up. The girl that was running the bar found us a place to stay with a friend of hers and the trip turned out well.

Comment

"White Lightning"

flangejockey: Yep, the "white flux" (rutile-potassium) is from 6013's. Very nice looking welds. You weld that on DC or AC? I've read that 6013's are used for fill and caps in that area of the world, like we use 7018's over here.

You got my curiosity going, so I went out in the shop and ran a few "beads" around some 6" sch. 40 yesterday. Very smooth.

Keep up the great work and photos.

Dave
                    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                      I went out in the shop and ran a few "beads" around some 6" sch. 40 yesterday. Very smooth.

Please remove the word ‘Thread” and replace with ----->Dave’s post!
                      Caution!
                      These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

the first pictures look great nice even steps and spacing how ever it looks alot like flux core but another question why the up hand why not roll the weld so you dont have to stop
                        your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
                        2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
                        PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
                        here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Comment

"Picture Perfect"

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post

Please remove the word ‘Thread” and replace with ----->Dave’s post!
                          I don't have a camera

Dave
                          Last edited by davedarragh; 09-03-2009, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                            I don't have a camera

Dave
                            Oh come on! With that list of equipment?

Caution!

Comment

"Really"

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
                              Oh come on! With that list of equipment?

Last camera I had was a Pentax K-1000 manual SLR. Took great pics with the 80-200 mm lens. Kodak no longer makes Kodachrome 64, so it would have been useless anyway. I use the tri-pod for the cheap laser level I bought at Sears.

Guess I need to get out of the "stone age" and buy a digital.

Sorry.........

Dave

Comment

You know what they say…………………… Picture is worth a 1000 words.
                                Caution!

Comment

Working...
                                X