M25 gun for my IM210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M25 gun for my IM210

Could some of the experts please chime in and tell me about the upgrade from the M10 gun to the M25 gun. B4 even plugging my Hobart IronMan 210 in, I ordered the Miller M-25 gun for the rig based on info on the forums. I understand the M10 is 100 amp rating and the M25 is 250 amps rating, w/ the welding rig being rated at 210. What does all this mean for a novice welder like myself. As always I very much value and respect the info from fellow forum members, thank you much, Ralph.
    Last edited by bulldogsowner; 08-12-2009, 05:26 PM. Reason: Better info

"im-210?"

Originally posted by bulldogsowner View Post
    Could some of the experts please chime in and tell me about the upgrade from the M10 gun to the M25 gun. B4 even plugging my IM210 in, I ordered the Miller M-25 gun for the rig based on info on the forums. I understand the M10 is 100 amp rating and the M25 is 250 amps rating, w/ the welding rig being rated at 210. What does all this mean for a novice welder like myself. As always I very much value and respect the info from fellow forum members, thank you much, Ralph.
    Ralph, do you mean an MM-210?

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

IM = Iron Man 210 {Hobart**

Thanks Dave, no I mean the Hobart rig, the IronMan 210, it only comes with the same gun I had on my MM135. I have been on the BLUE team for many years, I needed a 220 machine and being disabiled, the Hobart was the closest I could get to Blue in a 220 rig. thanks, Ralph

Comment

"Iron Man"

bulldog: A Black Sabath original.

Does the IM-210 have "dual drive" rolls?

The M-25 accepts the same contact tips as the M-10, but use different nozzles and diffusers. It can be easily converted to accept Bernard "Center-Fire" consumables.

My only concern, is if you only have a single drive roll, if the machine has the power to push the wire another 5 feet (the M-25 is 15' long).

Other than that, the "M" series guns take the same liners.

Dave

Comment

The M25 is a heavier duty gun and is larger and heavier and will hold up to higher current and harder use. I would strongly recommend converting it to use the Bernard Centerfire frontend. If you keep both the M10 and M25, you will have a small, light torch for getting into tighter areas and a bigger torch for harder hotter use.

I also recommend considering the Bernard Q300 gun over the M25. The cost is not much difference but the Bernard is a much more versatile torch and can be totally customized with various neck lengths and curve angles, rotatable necks and nozzle typess to fit your particular needs. Bernard even has a flexible neck for it too. I have Q300's on my 350P and Suitcase feeder and a Q400 on my Passport and I am fully in love with the Bernard QGun. I doubt I will buy any other brand of torch in the future, Bernard is that good.

Your machine will push the wire through the 15' torch, provided you use the correct liner size for the wire size. My Passport, with only one driven wire roll, pushes soft .030 and .035 fluxcore wire through my 15' QGun with no problems at all, in all sorts of awkward positions, under hard daily use.

www.bernardwelds.com
          Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
          Millermatic175
          MillermaticPassport/Q300
          HTP MIG200
          PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
          ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
          DialarcHF, Radiator-1
          Hypertherm PowerMax 380
          Purox oxy/ace
          Jackson EQC
          -F350 CrewCab 4x4
          -LoadNGo utility bed
          -Bobcat 250NT
          -PassportPlus/Q300
          -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
          -Suitcase8RC/Q400
          -Suitcase12RC/Q300
          -Smith oxy/propane
          -Jackson EQC

Comment

"q-3.5"

desert: Just had a 3.5 Quake about 6 miles WSW of Ocotillo Wells, Ca.

We felt the tremor over here from the one last week in Baha

Dave

Comment

Thanks guy's!

I purchased the Miller part # 169594 M-25 Gun, only 10 feet long, with the .030/.035 liner. Same length as the original, should be O.K. there as far as the drive mechanism. I will try and get a .023/.024 liner for the original M-10 gun and keep it for the smaller stuff. I was not sure of the Bernard brand guns, so I went with the Miller, besides I have bags of tips in all sizes, so that's a plus for me to stay with the Miller/Hobart guns. I appreciate the positive feedback on the Bernard gun, and all the advice. Thank you very much, Ralph

Comment

bulldogsowner,

Are you sure that Miller gun will work on the Hobart machine?

My Hobart HH187 uses an H10 gun (same as a M10 front end) but has a different back end (machine connection).

I'm not all that familar with the HH210, but it seems a little strange to me that they would put a 100A (with CO2) on a 200+A machine. The Miller MM212 comes standard with a M25.

Basically, what I'm saying a standard M10 gun designed for a Miller welder will not work on a HH187. Not sure the HH210 is setup the same way.
                Last edited by SundownIII; 08-12-2009, 07:46 PM.
                Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200 DX
                Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                Hobart HH187
                Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                More grinders than hands

Comment

Hobart IM-210

Sundown: The HH 210 takes an H-14 gun, the IronMan 210 (which he has) comes standard with an M-10, according to Hobart's web site.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave,

Hard to keep up with the players without a scorecard.
                    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                    Hobart HH187
                    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                    More grinders than hands

Comment

It's All Good

Sundown: Yeah, me too. I had to look it up, as I don't keep up with Hobart's machines.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                        desert: Just had a 3.5 Quake about 6 miles WSW of Ocotillo Wells, Ca.

We felt the tremor over here from the one last week in Baha

Dave
                        I didn't feel anything over here and I'm only about 2 hours from Ocotillo Wells. I used to go riding out there most weekends in the winter... back when I had time and money, together at the same time! Haha! Those were the days! Now I got one or the other, seldom both!
                        Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
                        Millermatic175
                        MillermaticPassport/Q300
                        HTP MIG200
                        PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
                        ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
                        DialarcHF, Radiator-1
                        Hypertherm PowerMax 380
                        Purox oxy/ace
                        Jackson EQC
                        -F350 CrewCab 4x4
                        -LoadNGo utility bed
                        -Bobcat 250NT
                        -PassportPlus/Q300
                        -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
                        -Suitcase8RC/Q400
                        -Suitcase12RC/Q300
                        -Smith oxy/propane
                        -Jackson EQC

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                          bulldogsowner,

I'm not all that familar with the HH210, but it seems a little strange to me that they would put a 100A (with CO2) on a 200+A machine. The Miller MM212 comes standard with a M25.
                          I imagine it has to do with Duty Cycle

"Rated Output at 40% Duty Cycle 150 A at 23 VDC" for the IM210

The M-10 Gun is rated 100amps 100% with CO2gas, 60% with mixed gas
                          Ed Conley
                          http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                          MM252
                          MM211
                          Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                          TA185
                          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                          O/A set
                          SO 2020 Bender
                          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Bulldog,
                            Desertrider33 is right. The Bernard guns are heavy duty and versatile. The can be fitted with many accessories. Service is great and they are a Miller product. They can be had on Ebay for less than $100.
                            Thanks,
                            Nick

Comment

Thank you!!

dave, kiwi, Sundown, Desert, thank you guy's, always can count on you for a honest and intelligent answer without being flamed, I pray you all are VERY sucessfull in what you do, , My IronMan 210 came w/ a Miller 3035 S/G and a full 125 CF cylinder of straight Argon too, I will be looking for some advice in the future on AL welding, hope you all jump in, again VERY much appreciated, Ralph.

Comment

Working...
                              X