X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H80N
    • Nov 2003

Dynasty/Maxstar Resources....

This is a BIG step in the right direction...

Dynasty/Maxstar Set-Up Videos and Dynasty Quick Reference Guide Available
    Download the Dynasty Quick Reference Guide and view helpful videos regarding Dynasty/Maxstar set-up and functionality

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

• captkipp
      • Jan 2007

Setup for Dynasty 350

Nice. I've been trying different things of course since it's arrival. It is a completely different 'animal' than the transformer machines. Thanks for the help.
      Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

• Keith_J
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by earlypanels View Post
        thanks guys! i set up the machine at 40ppp 40 background and 40 amps,set the gas at 15................had some great results.........i also reread the instructional downloads on this site......they actually helped alot too

can i ask if setting the tungsten size programable feature will help? im not minding the thumb control,i kinda like it,my old machine had a foot pedal,but it was a cavemans tig welder

on these low amp settings is arc start sometimes iffy? i found that sometimes i had to get the tungsten really really close to get it to start.........when i did i could click the thumb setting maybe a 1/4 the way up and found that sweet spot where it looks like a mouse was welding here

my filler rod is too thick though,i took some .023 wire from my mig and used it too but it was too thin.........anyone recomend a certain type of filler rod and thickness for welding 20/19 guage mild sheetmetal? im mainly doing buttwelds with very little gap if any
        I'm going to try this setting, only at 55-70 amperes for what I think is 16 gauge sheet steel. It is an old truck bed, patching a rust-out. Modular so all I have to deal with is the floor proper. I've got some cheap (HF) butt welding clamps which have a stand-off of 0.040" so that will be root gap, unless I grind a relief for clamp sections. 40 thousandths is a good root gap for 1/16th filler rod.

I too have the RCCS, have used foot controls but in my varied positions, hand control is better. Plus my foot gets tired and drifts, the rotary holds the position. The only time it is a problem is on starts with the detent causing a bit of torch shifting, this is minimal as it is low power.

Edit to add: The sheet steel I was trying to weld was determined to be cheap import stuff. It didn't want to weld, bubbling and fizzing with faint sparks. Rimmed or cap steel, at least i didn't ruin the part I was trying to repair (truck bed component).

I'm going to get the local steel goods supplier to brake bend a flange onto a sheet instead of using unknown scrap just because it had the proper flange.
        Last edited by Keith_J; 08-04-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Ronnie
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 4sfed View Post
          My LWS has ER70 tig rod (36" straight) in .035 and .045. I'm lazy. Straightening wire is too much trouble. The only thing I have on a roll is some aluminum-bronze for repairing castings . . . because I couldn't find it in straight lengths.

Pictures!?!

-jim
          What kind of trouble are you referring to when straightening Wire?

R.

Comment

• 4sfed
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
            What kind of trouble are you referring to when straightening Wire?

R.
            It's not difficult, it just takes too much time to get it straight enough for taste.
            Dynasty 300DX
            MM350P
            Hobart Handler 120
            Smith LW7, MW1, AW1
            Smith AR/He Mixer

Comment

• Keith_J
              • Jul 2011

Spooled wire can be straightened with a vise and a slide hammer. Pull until straight. Takes a few hits to get it right, trim off the clamped ends. Won't work on flux core but fine on solid wire. The idea is to stretch it a tiny amount.

Comment

• 4sfed
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Keith_J View Post
                Spooled wire can be straightened with a vise and a slide hammer. Pull until straight. Takes a few hits to get it right, trim off the clamped ends. Won't work on flux core but fine on solid wire. The idea is to stretch it a tiny amount.
                Good tip ... thanks.
                Dynasty 300DX
                MM350P
                Hobart Handler 120
                Smith LW7, MW1, AW1
                Smith AR/He Mixer

Comment

• popspipes
                  • Mar 2009

small filler

Originally posted by Keith_J View Post

I use a 18" piece of 1/16" copper tube straightened out, just feed the filler wire into it, this holds it straight, works for me...............

I dont know where to get the copper tube, I think this came off a control bulb from some instrument.

I use it on .023 filler wire, I need to come up with a small spool to mount on the end of the tube so I can load it and go for awhile as I use quite a bit of the stuff.
                  mike sr

Comment

• Beez
                    • Oct 2011

Noob first post

Originally posted by popspipes View Post
                    I figured out the spot welding function on the Dynasty 200 yesterday. I practiced welding stainless filler rods together end to end and Tee joints, this is the first time I have been able to do this with any degree of success!200 amps for .1 second will butt weld 3/32" filler rods, the secret is to use as short a time as possible and high current settings. I made several types of welds on various 308 filler rods with a high degree of success.RMT2 hold, dc, .1 second 200 amps are the settings used, and I am sure I will improve over time.I attached a couple of pictures...........
                    Awesome! Can I do the same with my 250dx and a foot pedal?Or do I need some other remote to trigger the spot function?On a related note, I have not yet found the noob corner here, I am especially interested in books for beginners. Thanks!Chris

Comment

• popspipes
                      • Mar 2009

Yes you can do the spot function with what you have, you will have to read the manual to get it setup, I believe RMT2, then push the amp knob in to set the time for the spot function.
                      Its been awhile since I used this but it is a useful function.
                      mike sr

Comment

• Beez
                        • Oct 2011

Rm 2t vs spot

Ok so you thnk I can trigger this function with the regular foot pedal. Cool! Reading in the cryptic manual ( English, plain, would be nice. ) I am confused about doing this with the rmt 2t vs spot functions. Are they both pieces of the same puzzle or is the 2t used to vet the extra starting and stopping ramps while the spot function just makes the square envelope?Thanks!Beez

Comment

• popspipes
                          • Mar 2009

set the machine to dc tig.
                          set the machine to rmt2t.
                          set the amps you want.
                          push the amp knob in and release.
                          set the spot time.
                          Both the amps and spot time are set with the same knob.

Depress the foot control when you are ready.
                          experiment with the settings to get the desired weld.

check the attachments, a couple of the pics are of what I did with it a few months back.

The attachments I am refering to are the paperclip in the main title on this thread.

My manual is in english, however it isnt really clear on a couple of things.

I think this covers how to set it up, have fun...........
                          Last edited by popspipes; 10-18-2011, 08:20 AM.
                          mike sr

Comment

• H80N
                            • Nov 2003

LinkBack To: Dynasty 300 Problems...

"Miller Dynasty 300DX problem, video inside"

Regardless of the resolution of this problem.. the info contained in it should be available in the "Dynasty Process Setup" sticky.... this is not the first time a dyn owner has had similar probs and will not be the last.....
                            Does look a lot like Operator Buttonology probs...... I have been outsmarted by my Dyns more than once myself....(200DX & 350DX) no shame to it... they are complex machines with nested menus and a sometimes less than intuitive inteface....

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...m-video-inside.

I linked it back so that hopefully sometime in the future a perplexed Dyn owner will find some helpful wisdom in it...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

• paulrbrown
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by popspipes View Post
                              I just use a small ammount of filler, I have a piece of 1/16" copper tube about 24" long, I feed a length into that and use it as a rod holder, works pretty well for the small stuff and takes the curl out of it.
                              What a great Idea, thanks for sharing....Paul
                              More Spark Today Pleasesigpic

Comment

• cwlewis123
                                • Oct 2011

Lowest DC amps is 3

Can anyone tell me why my Dynasty 200DX (Latest) will only go down to 3 amps. Not a big deal but 1 amp is advertised. Thanks.
                                Wayne Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X