X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Miller means well here.
    I see Andy's view very well.
    I also see it for what it is.
    I think that if the forum was only "civil" acting fellows, the majority of the folks would be the guys with Diversions and Econo-tigs and little 110 migs handing out bad advice.
    I think there is a line you can cross that is too far tho. I don't think one should be able to outright attack someone's character.
    I just think some people are better at saying the exact same thing only wording it better....for example....telling someone...."that's a stupid question, read your manual vs saying something more like..."now that question sounded rather silly, could you tell me more so I can figure it out"
    Both guys know the dude is a lazy dummy, and both guys are willing to help. The difference is one guy is crude and the other is more mannerly.
    Bottom line is there is a good chance the crude guy knows a good bit more than the mannerly guy. One reason is because the real welder is in a shop or worksite with guys cussing and all that and this is his best effort at not being actually nasty.
    The mannerly civil guy is here for the fun and feel of welding but he is in a orderly office or wherever all day with nice folks doing business. He might do a nice project or 2 and do it with the utmost in perfection and all that. That doesn't make him a welder.
    I wanna be a nice guy. I don't want to make anyone mad either. I go to church on sunday and I even teach adult sunday school. But everyone knows that there is something different about me...I call it like it is and sometimes I am a bit rough around the edges. I never was much in sports but all the sports stars know they don't hold a candle to me when it comes to swinging a hammer or crawling thru the mud to get something DONE.
    I relate with FatFab, Sundown, JSFab, KB, JTMcC and many more I forgot to mention. They and I have much in common. I much prefer it told blunt and direct. I understand that method of conversation much better. I wanna know how you really feel. I can be in a crowd and pick the guys who I relate to simply from eye contact as well as they can too.
    If you sat around here and waited for someone from MILLER to give you their opinion of the correct answer this forum would DIE!!! They just don't answer that much. And the wrong answers are quite common.
    IMO there aren't very many guys who have made it to the top of this game that are very "refined"...there are a few but they are not the norm by any means.
    Just being on here has refined me a great deal. My spelling has improved again and I have began typing again as well. Not to mention just my general computor skills.
    Miller is somewhat to blame here as well IMO. BY selling such great welding equipment the have sparked the interest of every wanna-be welder out there as well as every crude-a$$ metalworking guy. If we were all in a room for any length of time I feel the results wouldn't be much different...if you don't believe me, have a big forum get together and just see if somebody don't get there "feelings" hurt there as well.
    I had an auto mechanics teacher and a few shop teachers that would have been considered "crude" here. I learned a good bit from them. And what about coaches?
    I'm not for bashing the newbies...not at all. But I'm not for trying to run off the old guys either nor am I dumb enuff to think they will act like something they are not. I say just leave it alone and let Miller deal with whoever they wish.
    I have had bosses who fired whoever for fighting no matter who started it.
    Maybe we should have that going on with a probation/suspension policy...ask a stupid question and pi$$ off an old guy and you both get suspended. Make some sissy post and get flamed you both get suspended.
    There are a lot of poeple on the internet who make me wanna puke and I have to really contain myself. if I thought calling them on it would get them suspended it would be worth it at times....I can think of several right now

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

FK I wish you would not hold back so much. I wana know your feelings. You never talk to me any more did I make you mad???

Boys If you gona play with fire you gona get burned, If you gona play with welders you gona get insulted.

That is the business, survival of the strongest, fastest, the guy that can get the job done no matter the conditions.Figure it out..

A-holes and elbows, that's all the boss man needs to see.

Bobbie Brown Anchorage Alaska my last "boss" fired me at least 20 times. But when the chips were down it was me he could count on to work Christmas Eve. He and I had yelling matches that would blush the saltest of sailors.

When I became the boss man I tried to like all my employees, and be their friends, gave that up real fast. Respect yes all of them but they are not my friends they are employees well paid at that. I expect all work and no BS.

Comment

Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
        FK I wish you would not hold back so much. I wana know your feelings. You never talk to me any more did I make you mad???

Boys If you gona play with fire you gona get burned, If you gona play with welders you gona get insulted.
        Dammit FATFAB...I was trying to get the last word in on this stupid thread and now you went and ruined it!!! It took me 2 days to type

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
        X