Coolmate 4 and WP-20 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolmate 4 and WP-20 question

I'm getting a bit frustrated. I picked up a coolmate 4 for an excellent price, and subsequently bought 2 wp-20 weldcraft torches, 25' and 12.5' respectively. I am having a heck of a time finding a way to hook up either torch to the cooler, the reason being is both fittings on the cooler are LH threads, whereas on the torches one is LH the other is RH.

I am am also having some problem finding the right connector to hook up the power/gas line to the welder(dynasty 200). I first checked with the welding store here and they seemed to be clueless; so I checked with the weldcraft site and ordered what I thought was the correct connector (Q5w), and the threads are the opposite direction of what is on the torch.

So the question is, is there any adapter for the water lines on the torches, and is there a different power connector I need to purchase? I am sure it's a simple solution but it is getting annoying.

Originally posted by Choctaw View Post
    I'm getting a bit frustrated. I picked up a coolmate 4 for an excellent price, and subsequently bought 2 wp-20 weldcraft torches, 25' and 12.5' respectively. I am having a heck of a time finding a way to hook up either torch to the cooler, the reason being is both fittings on the cooler are LH threads, whereas on the torches one is LH the other is RH.

I am am also having some problem finding the right connector to hook up the power/gas line to the welder(dynasty 200). I first checked with the welding store here and they seemed to be clueless; so I checked with the weldcraft site and ordered what I thought was the correct connector (Q5w), and the threads are the opposite direction of what is on the torch.

So the question is, is there any adapter for the water lines on the torches, and is there a different power connector I need to purchase? I am sure it's a simple solution but it is getting annoying.

The Q5W is the correct DIN connector to use with the Dynasty 200 DX.
    Yes the Coolmate has two connections and both are left hand thread.
    Maybe you are missing something in trying to connect up the torch.
    On the torch....... You have 3 connections coming out the machine end, opposite the end with the torch.

One connection gets connected to the Q5W DIN connector. The hose attaches to the end of the DIN.

One connection (with the slash marks on the connector-indicating left had thread) gets connected to the Coolmate. This hose is the water to the torch.
    See your Coolmate directions to determine which connection is the water out (to torch)

The third connection is the gas connection and is right hand thread. This gets connected to the face of the Dynasty.

Now, we have one more connection to make. Go back to the Coolmate. The last connection is the water return. This is a left hand thread and gets a short hose connected to the Coolmate. The other end of this hose has a smaller connection that gets connected to the side of the DIN connector. Usually this short hose is red in color. That helps to ID the water out and the water return hoses.

It is really as simple as that. I hope this helps you some....... pg

EDIT NOTE:
    I have added a pic of mine for you to review. This may make things clearer.....

The Coolmate 3 (yours is a 4, but similar) has 2 water connections on front. The black hose on top is the water out (of the Coolmate) to the torch.

The red line below the black is the water return from the torch to the Coolmate. This line connects into the side of the Dinse connector.
    Coming out of the cable shroud is a black hose that is the gas connection going to the torch. It connects to the Dynasty as shown.
    The last hose is the black hose shown exiting the shroud early and this goes into the end of the red Dinse connector. Maybe that makes things clearer. If you had to buy anything else, it could only be the short red hose (return line) as you did not mention having that.
    Last edited by piniongear; 07-30-2009, 06:51 PM.
    Dynasty 200 DX_set up on 3 phase
    Coolmate 3
    MM 251 w/ Spoolmatic 30A
    HTP 625 Micro Cut Plasma Cutter
    Victor O/A Rig
    Bridgeport Mill_3 phase (w/ Acu-Rite 4 axis DRO)
    10 inch South Bend Lathe_3 phase
    Baldor Double Cup Tool Grinder_3 phase
    Baldor 10 inch Buffer
    Rockwell 12 inch Disc Sander
    Cyclone 2ft X 3ft Bead Blast Cabinet
    Quincy 325 2stg- Air Compressor_3 phase
    Graymills Built-in Parts Washer
    Rockwell/Delta Planer, HD Shaper, Uni-Saw etc.

Comment

WOW beautiful explanation
      MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
      Diversion 180
      Spectrum 375 X-TREME
      Portable Victor O/A
      Palmgren Bench Drill Press
      14" Evolution Dry Saw
      IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
      Speedglas 9100x
      My Brain

Comment

Thanks for the reply, turns out I'm not as crazy as I thought. After a little more investigation, come to find out I was sent the wrong connector. O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Choctaw View Post
          Thanks for the reply, turns out I'm not as crazy as I thought. After a little more investigation, come to find out I was sent the wrong connector. O_o
          Yep, the wrong connector will make a great difference.
          Good luck with it........ pg
          Dynasty 200 DX_set up on 3 phase
          Coolmate 3
          MM 251 w/ Spoolmatic 30A
          HTP 625 Micro Cut Plasma Cutter
          Victor O/A Rig
          Bridgeport Mill_3 phase (w/ Acu-Rite 4 axis DRO)
          10 inch South Bend Lathe_3 phase
          Baldor Double Cup Tool Grinder_3 phase
          Baldor 10 inch Buffer
          Rockwell 12 inch Disc Sander
          Cyclone 2ft X 3ft Bead Blast Cabinet
          Quincy 325 2stg- Air Compressor_3 phase
          Graymills Built-in Parts Washer
          Rockwell/Delta Planer, HD Shaper, Uni-Saw etc.

Comment

Working...
          X