Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consumables for Hypertherm Powermax 600

Hi

I picked up a used Hypertherm Powermax 600 and I am new to plasma cutters. I'm thinking of stocking up on some consumables on eBay. I was wondering which wears out the most?

Is it the shield, retaining cap, nozzle, electrode or the swirl ring?

Thanks!

I believe the nozzle and electrodes are the most replaced followed by the shield. According to my LWS swirl rings and retainers are least replaced (and expensive to boot).

Comment

I get my Hypertherm consumables here http://www.hypermax.org/index.html
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Have it on Hand

Elecrodes and tips is what you want to stock. And when you do replace them, do it in pairs. Cups last a long time. I never had to replace a cup or swirl ring in eight years. But I do stock them just in case I drop the torch or something falls on it, and it gets broken or dented. I use the ICE 50C torch and I stock the extended and standard tips, electrodes and cups..

Comment

'And when you do replace them, do it in pairs.'

Why?

Comment

Replace them as a set (electrode,and the tip) or pair the pairs deal is confusing to newbes as I just checked my email and a person that frequents this site but new to the metal work/art field was in a panic (4 separate emails in 30 minutes) because they couldn't find the pairs that is talked about in this thread.

Not correcting anybody but when people think of a pair as two of something or something with two openings. A set is a number of items that go together.
            They couldn't find anything other than o rings that looked like they would be a pair in the drawing of their torch.
            The English language is so much fun, I don't remember what I did with out a spell checker
            glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Comment

A Pair

In the webster dictionary & thesaurus, The word "pair" has two meanings.
              #1 pair = set of two....#2 pair = put or go together as a pair. So in my opinion I used the word correctly.
              No offence taken.

Comment

Quality and Longevity

Originally posted by HayFarmer View Post
                'And when you do replace them, do it in pairs.'

Why?

Because if you don't one can affect the cutting quality of the other.
                Plus I have found out their longevity is about the same.
                Last edited by urch55; 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

When you guys say "tip" do you mean the shield or nozzle?

Also, does anyone know why unshielded consumables may only be used in CE countries (the disclaimer on the bottom of pic)?

Thanks!
                  Last edited by cunninglinguist; 07-23-2009, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Unshielded consumables may only be used in machine application in CE countries.

CE has to do with electrical noise and its effect on the machine and the noise the machine generates (in simplified terms). In CE countries they keep tight control on the amount of electrical noise a machine can generate and how much noise and electrical abuse the machine must with stand.

The shielded consumables help control some aspect of electrical noise, I am not sure if it would be for static discharge into the machine or noise generated by the machine.

-Dan
                    Owner
                    DW Metalworks LLC
                    Miller Trailblazer 302
                    Miller 8RC Feeder
                    Miller Passport Plus
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
                    Hobart Handler 135
                    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
                    Smith O/A Torch Set
                    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

Tip === Nozzle----The Same

Originally posted by cunninglinguist View Post
                      When you guys say "tip" do you mean the shield or nozzle?

Also, does anyone know why unshielded consumables may only be used in CE countries (the disclaimer on the bottom of pic)?

Thanks!

Miller Electric calls them "Tips" and Hypertherm calls them "nozzles" that is why I called them that. But yes tips and nozzles are the same according to your print..Sorry for any confusion that I caused..

Comment

Working...
                      X