Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanglediver
    replied
    Boats...that explains it! Nothing better to test your metal.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• crabber
    replied
    Back to the buzz box

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I am just going to find another old buzz box to run that old twin carbon arc torch. Sometimes those old torches make short work out of seized up nuts and bolts that I constantly fight on boats.

Thanks!

~Ian

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Dynasty will likely see a dead short and either go poof, or turn itself off.

Pick one....

Leave a comment:

• seattle smitty
    replied
    You're not pulling a lot of amps anyway, are you?

Meanwhile, I like the irony, using the latest tech power supply to run a torch everybody else seems to have given up for dead (I use CA-T also, but not on an inverter welder . . . yet).

Leave a comment:

• dseman
    replied
    Originally posted by crabber View Post
    Some time ago, I sold my old Thunderbolt buzz box. Occasionally, I would use a twin carbon arc torch for heating seized bolts, or pulling gears off a taper.

My question is this: Is it safe for an Inverter (Dynasty 200 DX), to use a twin carbon arc torch? Do you think there is a possibility that a Transformer is more durable for the twin carbon arc process? I would much rather just buy another old buzz box than nuke the Dynasty!

Thanks for any input!

Have a good one!

~Ian
    Not likely. Some inverters are designed to accomodate the carbon arc's electrical appearance as a dead short, but the dynasty 200 to my knowledge is not one of them. The XMT series are capable, however.
    --dseman

Leave a comment:

• crabber
    started a topic Twin Carbon Arc Torch with Inverter??

Twin Carbon Arc Torch with Inverter??

Some time ago, I sold my old Thunderbolt buzz box. Occasionally, I would use a twin carbon arc torch for heating seized bolts, or pulling gears off a taper.

My question is this: Is it safe for an Inverter (Dynasty 200 DX), to use a twin carbon arc torch? Do you think there is a possibility that a Transformer is more durable for the twin carbon arc process? I would much rather just buy another old buzz box than nuke the Dynasty!

Thanks for any input!

Have a good one!

~Ian
Working...
X