Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Guys and Gals be the Judge

Originally posted by Jim-TX
    I have a much better idea. Why don't you kiss my @ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urch55, you have been here a month. You may be a welding SOB, but don't call me down like you are the great almighty moderator.
    Why are you so touchy, And for you being here a few years should show an example on how to talk to some one with out being nasty and calling names to me or my mother she did not do anything to you. so really who is out of line here. You are mad because it's the truth on how this thread got started. And you are out of line. but that's okay. No problem I forgive you for your name calling. And I am sorry for offending you in any way....And for any body that reads this thread I am sorry you had to see this in the open . In one sense everone knows the facts and you can be the judge...Take care every one.
    Bob

Comment

The guy at the filling station quit his job when he drove that up to the pumps and said top it off and check those tires
      Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
        Why are you so touchy, And for you being here a few years should show an example on how to talk to some one with out being nasty and calling names to me or my mother she did not do anything to you. so really who is out of line here. You are mad because it's the truth on how this thread got started. And you are out of line. but that's okay. No problem I forgive you for your name calling. And I am sorry for offending you in any way....And for any body that reads this thread I am sorry you had to see this in the open . In one sense everone knows the facts and you can be the judge...Take care every one.
        Bob
        Well, Bob, I didn't mean to bring your mom into this. Sorry about that. If you will read my past posts, you will see that I am not normally a trouble maker here but I will stand up for myself either here or in person. Your post calling me down on a minor thread drift was out of line on your part. I posted the link because it is related to the topic. Look up thread drift if you don't understand what I am saying. If I get kicked from this forum for stating my opinions that's also fine. Have a great day and I consider this subject closed.
        Jim

Comment

That concludes the entertainment portion of our program!
          Frank
          Millermatic 252
          Millermatic 180
          Dynasty 200DX
          Hobart spoolmate 3035
          Digital Elite

Comment

Yeah, sorry. I just don't appreciate being called down for something that wasn't wrong.
            Jim

Comment

Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
              Millermatic175
              MillermaticPassport/Q300
              HTP MIG200
              PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
              ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
              DialarcHF, Radiator-1
              Hypertherm PowerMax 380
              Purox oxy/ace
              Jackson EQC
              -F350 CrewCab 4x4
              -LoadNGo utility bed
              -Bobcat 250NT
              -PassportPlus/Q300
              -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
              -Suitcase8RC/Q400
              -Suitcase12RC/Q300
              -Smith oxy/propane
              -Jackson EQC

Comment

Originally posted by Desertrider33 View Post
                Ok. OK. OK! I get the point. rofl
                Jim

Comment

IN Maine we can haul 100,000 lbs. down the road without having to have any permits. I know I have the fines to prove it. The biggest load I have run wheight 162,000 lbs. behind a Western Star truck like the one in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
                    That trailer's gotta scrub something fierce when you turn.

How much does one of those tanks weigh?
                    well we have 2 90 ton cranes i believe they said 50 tonnes each one weighs

Comment

Originally posted by Desertrider33 View Post
                      Wow, that's quite a tank! Who is the end user of such a big tank?

That's quite a trailer too! Looks like it has 16 axles. I'm wondering one thing though, why so many axles in the middle of the trailer when it appears the tank is only resting on 2 points and doesn't appear to be supported by the trailer at all through most of the middle? Seems like the weight is all on the first 4 axles and last 4 axles and the 8 axles in the middle don't appear to be carrying anything...

Now that I look at it again, there are 2 different trucks and 2 different trailers, one trailer with 12 axles and one with 16 axles.
                      they are being used at a local steel mill where i live thats all i know and yes 2 different companies did the transporting apprently i took them 90 mins 2 get the the spot

Comment

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
                        Fishy Jim, I was thinking the exact same thing.

I have a triple axle trailer that I built for hauling my 12000Lb. Hilo around on and I thought mine scrubed bad when turning, I cant imagine that trailer.

Cool pics.
                        the truck and trailers are equipped with hydraulics that turn the wheels kinda neat 2 accutally see this done

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post

Yes this is true. In Florida an 18 wheeler can carry 80,000 that's GVW. based on the standard bridge length. that is why you see trailers with a wide spread tandem axle to spread the load on the road. Trucking rules change very often, it seams more when the states. need more money I bet thoes tanks cost a pretty penny just for over load permits. Does anybody know how much thoes tanks weight.?
                          Bob
                          i heard that 4 tanks cost round million and we r building another 4 very soon and the shells are 2 inch thick so go figure

Comment

i have some pics of the tanks being welded and fitted i will add soon the shells are all done by sub arc almost 9 months 2 build 4 tanks on 2 shifts

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Motoweld View Post
                              That concludes the entertainment portion of our program!
                              Frank
                              YES I AGREE, TAKE IT SOME WHERE ELSE GUYS!!
                              We are here to help with info and to be supportive of newer guys and ones that might not know the different proceduers within the welding trade, so if you don't mind TAKE IT SOME WHERE ELSE.

I don't have time or the patients for stuff like that,
                              I just want to learn all I can about welding and the applying the info to become a better weldor with in the trade.
                              Last edited by safetydave; 06-28-2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling
                              Syncrowave 250/Coolmate-3-(home)
                              RMS-14 (kisser button)-(home)
                              Craftmans/S-K tools-(home)
                              Grizzly 16" vert band saw-(home)
                              DeWalt chop saw-(home)
                              Craftsman 4"-7" hand grinders
                              Lincoln 225 arc welder
                              Lots of vise clamps(not enough)
                              assortment bar clamps

Comment

"The Rubber Meets the Road"

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
                                And doesn’t DOT have a formula for so many square inches of rubber on the road for so many pounds of weight being carried?

Yes they do. When we were building the Natural Gas power plants out west of Phoenix about 5 years ago, the "radiators" came in on special rail cars, and transported via "tugs" on 37 axle trailers to the job. Top speed, 12 MPH They were hoisted in place with a 700 ton crane

Dave
                                "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Working...
                                X