Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanglediver
    replied
    E6013 - Good training rod, "easy to use, hard to learn." E-6010's & 6011's "hard to learn, easy to use."
    I gotta think on that one.....

You might try E7018 with electrode positive. What we do is to start flat, then tilt up a little at a time. Just run over the same piece of steel, let it grow! When it gets too hot, dunk it.
    Just don't dunk a piece you want to use somewhere, it could cause cracks to form.

Leave a comment:

• davedarragh
    replied
    "Underwater?"

Originally posted by kevin View Post
    does anybody still use 6013, i think the last time i used it was in shop class in high school but mayby im wrong, isnt some sort of 6013 used for under water and also isnt there a very long 6013 for welding roof deck to the barjoist, or is that 6011.
    E6022 is the deck rod you speak of, and I don't think E6013's will run underwater. They still are used in "light" applications. Good training rod, "easy to use, hard to learn." E-6010's & 6011's "hard to learn, easy to use."

Dave

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied

does anybody still use 6013, i think the last time i used it was in shop class in high school but mayby im wrong, isnt some sort of 6013 used for under water and also isnt there a very long 6013 for welding roof deck to the barjoist, or is that 6011.

Leave a comment:

• Rig Hand
    replied
    I think 6013 is one of the hardest rods to run up hill but their was a guy on hobarts forum named flange jockey that really good at 6013 pipe welds. If any one has time thier worth looking up. I agree with everyone else about getting thicker metal.

Leave a comment:

• strictlycarved
    replied
    ill try the 1/16. i have been running dc-. i need to get thicker to practice but is so expensive. thanks whats the technique for running vert? up and down?

Leave a comment:

• davedarragh
    replied
    "Ditto"

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    Vertical up on .065! WOW! If you ever master that I’ll give you one of these.

This has down hill written all over it.
    Yep, 16 ga., downhand. 6013's come in 1/16" and 5/64" rods as well, can be run on DC- or AC to prevent "burn through."

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Sonora Iron
    replied
    Originally posted by strictlycarved View Post
    running 3/32 6013 at 72amp. material is .065.
    Vertical up on .065! WOW! If you ever master that I’ll give you one of these.

This has down hill written all over it.

Leave a comment:

• strictlycarved
    replied
    running 3/32 6013 at 72amp. material is .065.

Leave a comment:

• 2tay530
    replied
    i have the same problem when i run dc. im using 1/8 6011 at about 105 amp on my hobart(miller name wasnt worth the extra bucks). it gets a little bit beter wen i run AC but not much.

Leave a comment:

• Rig Hand
    replied
    What type of rod? What size of rod? How many amp? ??????????

Leave a comment:

• strictlycarved
    started a topic Vert stick

Vert stick

so im sure this has been posted but i cant find it. so here is goes. my flat and corner welds on mild steel with a stick look great but when i go vert it goes to **** the weld splits it drips everything else but a decent weld. so what is the basic procedure with vert ive tried up down all angles but nothing works. anything will help. thanks.
Working...
X