Vert stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vert stick

so im sure this has been posted but i cant find it. so here is goes. my flat and corner welds on mild steel with a stick look great but when i go vert it goes to **** the weld splits it drips everything else but a decent weld. so what is the basic procedure with vert ive tried up down all angles but nothing works. anything will help. thanks.
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

What type of rod? What size of rod? How many amp? ??????????
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

Comment

i have the same problem when i run dc. im using 1/8 6011 at about 105 amp on my hobart(miller name wasnt worth the extra bucks). it gets a little bit beter wen i run AC but not much.
      Miller Digital Elite inferno
      Miller MP-10 passive helmet
      Hobart Stickmate 250/160 ac/dc

Comment

running 3/32 6013 at 72amp. material is .065.
        Syncrowave 250
        Millermatic 210
        dialarc 250
        spectrum 375x
        trailblazer 302
        Lincoln 135

Comment

Originally posted by strictlycarved View Post
          running 3/32 6013 at 72amp. material is .065.
          Vertical up on .065! WOW! If you ever master that I’ll give you one of these.

This has down hill written all over it.
          Caution!
          These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

"Ditto"

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
            Vertical up on .065! WOW! If you ever master that I’ll give you one of these.

This has down hill written all over it.
            Yep, 16 ga., downhand. 6013's come in 1/16" and 5/64" rods as well, can be run on DC- or AC to prevent "burn through."

Dave
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

ill try the 1/16. i have been running dc-. i need to get thicker to practice but is so expensive. thanks whats the technique for running vert? up and down?
              Syncrowave 250
              Millermatic 210
              dialarc 250
              spectrum 375x
              trailblazer 302
              Lincoln 135

Comment

I think 6013 is one of the hardest rods to run up hill but their was a guy on hobarts forum named flange jockey that really good at 6013 pipe welds. If any one has time thier worth looking up. I agree with everyone else about getting thicker metal.
                '08 F-350
                Vantage 400
                SA-250
                SA-200
                Invertec V350Pro
                Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
                Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
                Track torch

Comment

does anybody still use 6013, i think the last time i used it was in shop class in high school but mayby im wrong, isnt some sort of 6013 used for under water and also isnt there a very long 6013 for welding roof deck to the barjoist, or is that 6011.

Comment

"Underwater?"

Originally posted by kevin View Post
                    does anybody still use 6013, i think the last time i used it was in shop class in high school but mayby im wrong, isnt some sort of 6013 used for under water and also isnt there a very long 6013 for welding roof deck to the barjoist, or is that 6011.
                    E6022 is the deck rod you speak of, and I don't think E6013's will run underwater. They still are used in "light" applications. Good training rod, "easy to use, hard to learn." E-6010's & 6011's "hard to learn, easy to use."

Dave
                    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

E6013 - Good training rod, "easy to use, hard to learn." E-6010's & 6011's "hard to learn, easy to use."
                      I gotta think on that one.....

You might try E7018 with electrode positive. What we do is to start flat, then tilt up a little at a time. Just run over the same piece of steel, let it grow! When it gets too hot, dunk it.
                      Just don't dunk a piece you want to use somewhere, it could cause cracks to form.
                      Danny

Comment

Working...
                      X