Clear All

• help with miller XMT456 cc/cv

Can you pls help me set my xmt456cc/cv please pm me
    Regards manuel

"Set?"

Originally posted by manuel View Post
    Can you pls help me set my xmt456cc/cv please pm me
    Regards manuel
    Manuel: Have you read the "Owner's Manual" yet?

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Set it for what process???

This is a multi process machine and until we know what you are doing with it, no one here will be able to help.

Mig? Stick, pulse mig......??

What accessories do you have??

A-

Comment

pipe

hi tks for your reply
        i am working with mig 6 in pipe sch 80 and its my first time with mig i tried but did not work i know nothing about welding but i can weld very good with electrode in fact i do xtray welds but no teory about hf or voltage ampers etc i used 1mm wire with atal gas the welds look great but leaks like the weld did not penetrate good i used esab wire .can u pls tell me how to set the machine for mild steel
        thanks manuel

Comment

"Discontinuity in Dialogue"

Originally posted by manuel View Post
          hi tks for your reply
          i am working with mig 6 in pipe sch 80 and its my first time with mig i tried but did not work i know nothing about welding but i can weld very good with electrode in fact i do xtray welds but no teory about hf or voltage ampers etc i used 1mm wire with atal gas the welds look great but leaks like the weld did not penetrate good i used esab wire .can u pls tell me how to set the machine for mild steel
          thanks manuel
          Manny: Something isn't hooked up or set right. You are using Miller's largest, and most powerful XMT Multi-Processor.

What kind of feeder are you using, and what is this "atal" gas? 1mm wire is about .045. You are obviuosly in a fab shop, with a machine that size, so, isn't there someone there to oversee your welding?

HF is used for TIG, not MIG. Are you trying to "Pulse MIG?" Is this solid wire, or dual shield?

If you can perform X-Ray quality welds with SMAW, you must have some understanding of CC/CV differences, I would think.

We need more specific information so we can determine the problem(s).

Dave
          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Likely an ATAL 5, same as C25 here. Never heard of 1 mil or 040" wire though.

Comment

I'll take a shot in the dark...

Set the machine for MIG
              Set the volts to 21
              Set the wire feed on your feeder to 190 IPM (inches per minute)

Adjust until the arc smooths out and is nice and crisp.

Good luck

Andy

Comment

Working...
              X