Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I have a 2 million policy plus another million that is an umbrella policy.
    Plus workmans comp policy.
    I'm paying about $ 14,000.00 a year.
    As your liabilities or exposure increase so do your insurance costs.

My work comp is $6,000.00 of the 14.

Many guys get by without it but are never aloud to do big jobs and its the bigger jobs that pay better.

You also want to make sure your policy covers completed operations meaning that if you weld a trailer hitch on a truck thats general liability.

After the truck leaves and a trailer is attached to the hitch thats when completed operations covers you.

95% of insurance companies wont touch a portable welder. We are considered high risk.

The funniest thing that I dont understand is that none of my insurance companies ever asked if I am certified. I am now but there are still a ton of things out there that I'm not certified for.

However you really need to ask your insurance provider.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I have a 2 million policy plus another million that is an umbrella policy.
    Plus workmans comp policy.
    I'm paying about $ 14,000.00 a year.
    As your liabilities or exposure increase so do your insurance costs.

My work comp is $6,000.00 of the 14.

Many guys get by without it but are never aloud to do big jobs and its the bigger jobs that pay better.

Leave a comment:

• trevwelder
    replied
    I have 1 mil general liability that runs 1200 a year. Most of my contracts require at least 300k liability

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Insurance !!

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
    I carry general liabilty for business and trucks carry commercial coverage specifically for welding.
    Hi, I pay $2000.00 for my truck Insurance ! Per Anem.

Liability Insurance for Welding Operations, $8000.00 " NOT " I'm Hanging on by a Thread as It Is !!

.............. Norm

Leave a comment:

• fabricator
    replied
    I carry general liabilty for business and trucks carry commercial coverage specifically for welding.

Leave a comment:

• Leefy
    started a topic Insurance?

Insurance?

What type of insurance you all of you self employed welders carry? I have both a commercial business location and a home shop. Since I am retired, I prefer to do my welding at home or possibly doing portable repair but wondering what type of coverage you are carrying. I assume some type of liability and possibly errors and omissions insurance. I plan on offering a pick up and return provision in my business and that probably requires additional insurance. I currently carry a commercial insurance policy on my truck so I might be ok there.
Working...
X