Millermatic 211 Good or Not Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 211 Good or Not Good

Hi Fellow Welders: Have been studying and reading info on a Millermatic 211 MIG Welder Auto. I want this welder strickly for welding Aluminum. Majority of my welding projects are 1/4 to 1/8 inch aluminum. Do any of you guys out there own such a welder? Do you have a friend that has this welder? If you are an owner are you happy with it? I will be using this mostly as hobby welding. At least this welder is within my price range.Any feedback will be appricated. Thanks
    Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    Arnold

What kind of welds???

The MM210 would be fine for your needs, however if you are doing a lot of aluminum with small welds....ie 1-2 inch beads, ie manifolds, I doubt you will be happy with the performance of a spoolgun. Biggest probelm with a spoolgun is it does not have good heat and penentration at the start of the weld. With small stich welds you would be much bettar off with a pulse on pulse machine like the 350p or bettar the lincoln 350. Or do the tig route. I just bought a Lincoln 185 tig because of this reason. I have been doing a lot of 1/8 aluminum jobs, where the spoolgun just did give the performance I liked. Just an FYI my spoolgun is a 30a hooked to a maxtron 450.
    Lincoln ranger 305g x2
    Ln25
    Miller spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spoolgun
    Wc115a
    Lincoln 210mp
    F550 imt service truck

Comment

Working...
    X