Lincoln 305G Life Expectancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln 305G Life Expectancy

Hi guys i was just wondering how many hours i should get out of my Limcoln 305G welder? (life expectancy) 5,000 hrs?

5-50 synthetic, all it life, don't install a stupid hot air kit, naturally a Weld Alert winter cover. I'd say a real long time.

Comment

Speakin of oil cruizer, do you suggest running synthetic in everything? Just wondering for my TB....Use the same weight oil in syn as reg right?
      sigpic
      Miller Trailblazer 302
      Smith Torch Outfit
      Lots of Grinders
      Miller Elite Autodark Hood
      O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

There is only 2 types of oil I keep in my shop:

Quaker, 5-50 full synthetic tear round for the high rev gassers

Connoco 76, 15-40 ECT semi-synthetic year round for the high rev and low rev diesels.

Comment

No matter what you do, whatever oil, change it every day, change it after two years, whatever, the engine on these engine drives will last far longer, and give you less maintenance problems, than the welder itself.
          Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Theres not enough information to really give an acurate answer.
            Is your machine used lightly in the 80-100 amp range? Or hard and heavy in the 250-290 amp range?
            That will have a big impact on life expectancy of those smaller machines.

JTMcC.
            Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Why not the hot air kit cruizer? I had mine at continental this fall and they made it sound like it was the best thing for it.
              Last edited by O.W.L; 05-12-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Well already seen 3 blown engines already this year because of it and 8 last year. Just bakes the pistons.

Ok, the trouble with winter time running is that hot air passes the muffler and out through the left and right side of the carb and back louvers. This high pressure hot air draws low pressure cold air right behind the carb, thus freezing it. About a handfull of pink insulation on the back of the Carb and over the slots on each side of it stops the cold air period. Carb stays warm and your still getting the hi density cold intake air for efficient engine operation.

The hot air kit, is just that, direct super heated hot air taken from around the the muffler full time all winter. Bakes the oil, pistons, makes the engine inefficient, ie, use alot more fuel, and may reduce engine life.

Now Cont says something completely different, but they get the engine warrantys and subsequent engine replacements when your engine expires.

I see them, I pull them.

Comment

ranger 305g-

Theres an add on craigslist, chicago listing on a ranger 305g, $1400....Price was good until I found out it had 4400 hours on it. So if this gives you any ideas of life.
                  Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                  Ln25
                  Miller spectrum 625
                  Miller 30a spoolgun
                  Wc115a
                  Lincoln 210mp
                  F550 imt service truck

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    There is only 2 types of oil I keep in my shop:

Quaker, 5-50 full synthetic tear round for the high rev gassers

Connoco 76, 15-40 ECT semi-synthetic year round for the high rev and low rev diesels.
                    even in hot climates, do you still recommend the 5-50. I would have thought 10-50 for hot weather because that is what the Kohler engine says to use. I know you live in a cold climate.

Comment

Synthetic is temp sensitive, in a hot climate it won't start a 5, probably 15, and it may never get to 50, so 10 - 50 is great for you, though for us we never know what the temps are going to be outside, like today for example its 25F with a high of 50F

Comment

Our engine suppliers recommend the same viscosity whether its mineral based or synthetic oils.

I use the recommended viscosity of Mobil 1 in all of my equipment except ATV's, I use OEM oil. I really don't have a good reason to run Mobil 1 vs. other synthetics other than all the grease, etc that I use is Mobil synthetic as well.
                        Have a great day!

John Leisner
                        Product Manager
                        Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
                        Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
                        Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
                        Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Comment

"Oil's Well"

John: I just did an oil change on my Trailblazer (along with all my other equipment) and I used Chevron 10W-30 Supreme. Same oil I run in my Hemi.

Dave
                          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

CARE and MAINTENANCE

Follow the maintenance standards and CARE with the engine. Running 4 to 6 hours a day the engine will survive up to 10 Years, electrical up to 15 years.

Comment

These gas engines are already ran at the factory, so breakin is not really required. pretty much change the oil to a synthetic whenever you want to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X