Help-1 code on new Dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-1 code on new Dynasty

I think this may be normal for some new machines based on what I am reading, but figured I'd toss it up here in case there are other things I should be checking as I'm a noob.

I have a brand new Dynasty 200 that has maybe 3-4 hours on it. Today I got a couple of help-1 codes on the display when I was trying to start. Turning the machine off and waiting a few minutes and turning it back on seemed to clear the error and I continued to weld for a little while after that.

Should I keep on going or should I look into having the unit checked out? I am handy with electronics and could pop the cover off and check some plugs / terminals if it won't trigger some "cowboy alert / warranty void" trigger switch inside the unit .

I was welding DC, 130 amps, 1/8 steel, HF start

Thanks,
    Lewis

PS - Being a rank beginner I could almost swear the few beads I did after the error didn't look the same - but that's probably just the operator and not the machine.

Hi Lewis

I sent you a PM a bit earlier . If you are having some issues or potential issues with your Dynasty , and are coming to Moncton , bring the machine with you and drop in . We can compare it to my Syncrowave and try to get things sorted out .
    Rob
    Miller MM252 with Bernard Q300
    Hypertherm PM30

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
      Hi Lewis

I sent you a PM a bit earlier . If you are having some issues or potential issues with your Dynasty , and are coming to Moncton , bring the machine with you and drop in . We can compare it to my Syncrowave and try to get things sorted out .
      Rob
      Hi Rob
      Just got your note - thanks. I might actually be coming your way next weekend and will let you know ahead of time. I used a Synchrowave for about an hour at the course I took last fall.

Did some digging on here and looks like this error might be teething pains for the Dynasty. I'm on my out to the garage again to give it another session and see how things go.

Will send you a mail later. Hope to have some pics to upload here too later today.

Dropped my wife off at the mall - I have a good solid 2 hours to play with the welder now - albeit at a stiff price probably ....

Cheers,
      Lewis

Comment

Really instead of running it for short periods of time, you should start it up and let it sit there and idle for an hour to balance the caps.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Really instead of running it for short periods of time, you should start it up and let it sit there and idle for an hour to balance the caps.

Cruizer -
          Roger that. I just came in from another short session but will leave it idling for an hour.
          Thanks !
          Lewis

Comment

Cruizer -
            I went back for another session after leaving the unit for 1 hour - no help codes this time - smooth sailing. Thanks for the advice !

Is this balancing of the caps needed each time the unit has sat for a period of time and all the caps have discharged, or is it a non issue after the unit has been run for a period of time?

Thanks again,
            Lewis

Comment

dynasty issue

The Dynasty 200 has been a great welder for us @K&G FABRICATING for steady everyday pipework.

Initially we had a similar issue after an hours use that required a board change ( fully covered by Miller). No problems since!

Comment

I don't know why the cap balance issue isn't written in your owners manual but it is a requirement on all units, and no you don't have to do it again.

Comment

I have 20 plus hours on mine and it did the help 1 issue today, and the unit had no output, turned the unit off then on again and it was fine. I was using it on tig aluminum, hf start, 100 amps...........
                  I usually use it at low amps and this is the first problem I have had...........

mike sr
                  mike sr

Comment

Originally posted by popspipes View Post
                    I have 20 plus hours on mine and it did the help 1 issue today, and the unit had no output, turned the unit off then on again and it was fine. I was using it on tig aluminum, hf start, 100 amps...........
                    I usually use it at low amps and this is the first problem I have had...........

mike sr
                    Mike - Welcome to the club. I had another one tonight myself - switched off, waited 20 seconds - switched on and kept on going for about another hour. Maybe I'm still in this break-in period....

Comment

That just does not seem right to me .
                      Miller MM252 with Bernard Q300
                      Hypertherm PM30

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
                        That just does not seem right to me .
                        Agreed, i've got over 240 hours on my Dynasty 200dx, short burts, long runs, stick, TIG you name it..lift arc what ever i've done it in good and bad enviroments and i've enver had an issue.. I would call miller, they called me about a board upgrade but the LWS said they'd ned my welder for 3 weeks YIKES, thats' 3 weeks of barely being able to work as i'm mostly known foe SS, 4130, and aluminum working..... Very rarely does my MIG get called upon these days
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Hobart Handler 135
                        Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
                        Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
                        Hypertherm Powermax 45
                        Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

There's a service center actually in the city that I will be in tomorrow for business. I may give them a call to see what they say. Like I said though, it cranked away for another hour after I had that message tonight and didn't seem to have any problems after.

Will let you folks know what they suggest when I get some feedback.

Cheers,
                          Lewis

Comment

I turned mine off and right back on and it was fine after that.

mike sr
                            mike sr

Comment

I haven't had a single error code come up on mine. Had it a few months now, and about twenty five hours on it.
                              Dynasty 200 DX runner
                              Sync 350 LX
                              XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
                              Hobart 135
                              ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Comment

Working...
                              X