Flex head/Pencil TIG Torches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex head/Pencil TIG Torches

First off this is for my Maxstar 200sd and I'd like to be able to use the dinse connectors and run the gas through the machine instead of using a power/ground block and running it that way.

I'm looking for an air-cooled 200amp TIG torch that is at least a flex head but have been considering a flexible pencil torch to help a little bit with tight areas. I know weldcraft makes some of these but I can't find anywhere that actually sells the pencil torch I see advertised, only press releases.

What about people using a torch with a built in thumb control? I know weldcraft sells a flex head that has a built in thumb control. Anyone use it? I had a miller brand thumb control on a WP-17 tig torch but it felt so bulky with the thumb control velcroed on, also I feel like the amperage control should be up and down, not left to right but that's my personal preference. I like the idea of a thumb control as it'd be a lot easier than kicking the pedal around with me everywhere I have to go. I don't believe they make a flexible pencil torch with a thumb control but I may be wrong.

I've been looking at the weldcraft torches but maybe there are some others that people are using that I haven't found.

Opinions appreciated, thanks!

Take a look at the swivel head torch from HTP America (http://www.usaweld.com/products/tig_...swivelhead.htm) or their flex neck torch (http://www.usaweld.com/products/tig_...s/flexneck.htm)

Comment

Originally posted by GerryR View Post
      Take a look at the swivel head torch from HTP America (http://www.usaweld.com/products/tig_...swivelhead.htm) or their flex neck torch (http://www.usaweld.com/products/tig_...s/flexneck.htm)
      That swivel head torch is cool but I can't find anywhere that sells it. Any ideas?

Comment

CK FlexLoc

I have the CK variety that I found on EBay. I love it. Air Liquide up here in Anchorage carries the CK stuff (limited supply - like everything else in Alaska) (Except Mosquitos & Snow). Seriously, the CK is really nice. I am a rookie, though.

Jerry in Anchorage

PS Here is a link on ArcZone

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma..._909_1463_1213
        Last edited by muskt; 05-08-2009, 12:55 AM. Reason: Forgot link

Comment

Originally posted by muskt View Post
          I have the CK variety that I found on EBay. I love it. Air Liquide up here in Anchorage carries the CK stuff (limited supply - like everything else in Alaska) (Except Mosquitos & Snow). Seriously, the CK is really nice. I am a rookie, though.

Jerry in Anchorage

PS Here is a link on ArcZone

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma..._909_1463_1213
          Thanks Jerry, I actually ordered one today from the local Airgas, I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Thanks for the info.

Comment

flex torch

Check www.ckworldwide.com.I run a TL26 and a CK26FX,the latter being flex and my primary weapon.Good,light and tough,for those times gravity spikes LOL.Couple that with their GAS SAVER kit that doubles as a gas lens and you've gota good weld anything torch,Frank

Both of my torches are 100% duty @200amps,look at my picture.
            Last edited by Frank Motoweld; 05-24-2009, 07:52 PM.
            Millermatic 252
            Millermatic 180
            Dynasty 200DX
            Hobart spoolmate 3035
            Digital Elite

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Motoweld View Post
              ,look at my picture.
              How do you like the Pyrex cups?
              Miller Syncrowave 200
              Homemade Water Cooler
              130XP MIG
              Spectrum 375
              60 year old Logan Lathe
              Select Machine and Tool Mill
              More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

I like the new weldcraft with the built in control . I got to check one out at my lws and really like it.
                Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
                Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
                Rockwell vertical mill
                Beverly Shear B-3
                Beverly Shear JR
                Home-made English wheel
                Milwaukee Porta-band
                " Sawz-all
                Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
                Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
                Powcon 300st

Comment

Flex torch !!!

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
                  How do you like the Pyrex cups?
                  The pyrex cups are very useful in tight,hard to see spots.You need to use the longer stickouts however and not ride the cup.Pyrex wont take the heat the alumina cups can.It's good to have at least one and it's fast and easy to switch from Pyrex to Alumina cups.You just slide one off and slide the other one on.The only consideration being not to stab your hand with the tungsten LOL
                  Under most conditions i run my flowmeter at 8 cfm,hence the GAS SAVER name,Frank
                  Last edited by Frank Motoweld; 05-23-2009, 09:03 PM.
                  Millermatic 252
                  Millermatic 180
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Hobart spoolmate 3035
                  Digital Elite

Comment

I have a Weldcraft WP125 water cooled micro TIG torch. I love it for tight areas. It uses the Pyrex cups to I think 100 amps. Anything higher, you have to use a quartz cup. The quartz cups are pretty expensive but mine have lasted a long time. The torch has various heads so you can set it up for straight, ninety or forty-five degree. While I don't have the skill to use it to it's full potential, they say you can weld inside a 5/8" tube using the short ninety degree head.
                    DAVE Dynasty 200DX with Coolmate 3
                    Millermatic 212 Auto Set
                    Millermatic 140 Auto Set
                    Hobart Airforce 400 Plasma Cutter
                    JD2 Tube Bender

Comment

Working...
                    X