tig welding machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tig welding machine

ok hi folks would like to say verry informative forum glad i found this place!
    i have a question to ask is any ol' stick rod machine suitiable to tig weld?
    if not then what type of a machine do you need to tig regular carbon & stainless steel?

i would think that any DC capable stick machine would tig with scratch start and no remote.

persomally id look for something with at least lift arc ability....used one for a while with no remote, but i never got into scratch start so i cant condem it.

G

Comment

Hobart Tigmate would be great. It s a complete AC/DC, TIG and Stick welding package.
      Midwest Metal Products
      Wire Forming | Sheet Metal Fabricating
      Custom Store Fixtures | Fan Guards

Comment

Originally posted by jsheets View Post
        if not then what type of a machine do you need to tig regular carbon & stainless steel?
        A straight DC machine will do it, its much nicer with a machine with foot control and the bells and whistles though.
        I used two mini arc 130's for 20 + years for portable tig work, mostly stainless tube.
        You also need the tig torch regulator bottle of argon etc to go with the machine.

mike sr
        mike sr

Comment

TIG Machines

Originally posted by jsheets View Post
          Straight transformer stick machines are known as "droopers," based on their volt/amp curve. Volts drop off very quickly.

TIG designs have a "flatter" volt/amp curve.

You didn't say if you have, or are planning on getting a machine?

Is your "any ol' stick rod" machine Red, and shaped like a "Tombstone?"

TIG welding mild and stainless requires DC-

Miller has quite a selection of reasonably priced, portable DC TIG/Stick machines.

Hope this helps

Dave
          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Working...
          X