What to pick? Dynasty or Syncrowave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to pick? Dynasty or Syncrowave

Am buying a new Tig. Which would you buy and why? The Dynasty 350 or the Syncrowave 350LX. I am retired and want to start a new business of doing welding repair. Want to cover the small to the large repair from aluminum to to all other metals. Thanks for any advice.

Dynasty 350 - My New Baby
    Millermatic 210 Mig with Spoolmate 3035
    Miller Thunderbolt XL 225/150 AC/DC Stick Welder
    Miller Specturm 625 Plasma Cutter
    Speedglas 9100 auto dark helmet
    Jackson auto dark helmet
    18.5 CFM Eagle Compressor
    Oxy/Act
    Horizontal Band Saw
    Dewalt 14" Chop Saw
    7 1/2 Dewalt Angle Grinder
    4 - 4 1/2" Sears Angle Grinders
    1 - 4" Makita Angle Grinder
    2 - IR Die Grinders
    All of which my wife says will be a "he$$ of a garage sale"

If you have the emmense input power for the 350lx to work? If not then by far, the dynasty is your all round much better choice.

Comment

Id say go with the dynasty 350, basically because you said you want it for repair work, and alot of repair works ends up being on site. A dynasty 350 with a water cooler isnt the lightest thing but its a feather compared to a 350LX

Comment

If I was going all out it would be the Dyn, I want a 200 myself.

Comment

If you will be welding aluminum go with the Dynasty. If aluminum is going to be few and far between get the Sync.

From my view the Sync has 50 amps more out put but requires a 128 amp circuit @230 volt were as the Dynasty only requires a 50 amp circuit @ 230 volt single phase. Much more efficient machine. And up to 400Hz on AC plus all the bells and whistles
          If you can afford the Dynasty get it and don't look back.

My next tig will be either a Sync 250 or a Dynasty 350 Price will be the only thing keeping me from getting a Dynasty 350.

Think about the jobs you will use it for and determine if the added features warrant the extra cost.
          Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
          Millermatic 252 on the wish list
          Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
          South bend lathe 10LX40
          K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
          Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
          A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
          Auto shades are for rookies
          www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

WOW! I can't even believe that option even exists!!! I can appreciate the question...altho I don't remember it ever coming up before.
            IMO if you are gonna spend that kind of money the difference in price is minimal. $1600 isn't much once you are spending ten grand or more getting started. If it is save your money and then get the Dynasty anyway not the Dinosaur
            Those 50 amps are like non existant as far as I am concerned when you realize how you can tune the Dynasty.

I would actually like to see a real world situation where it would be money smart to pony up the kind of money that either of these 2 machines require for the runner set-ups and justify getting the transformer

Normally that dynasty will weld rings around the syncrowave aluminum or not!!
            Last edited by FusionKing; 04-26-2009, 04:50 PM.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Thanks for all the info

Looks like the dynasty 350 wins. I'll be ordering tomorrow. Thanks for helping a new guy here. I'll be back with more questions, I'm sure.

Jackson auto dark helmet
              Oxy/Act
              Horizontal Band Saw
              Dewalt 14" Chop Saw
              2 - IR Die Grinders

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post

I would actually like to see a real world situation where it would be money smart to pony up the kind of money that either of these 2 machines require for the runner set-ups and justify getting the transformer
                When the been counter is ordering the machine and calling the LWS sales guy for process info. I've had this happen. I was asked what machine we needed to repair our aluminum molds and would that machine weld just about everything else in the building. I recommended the Sync 350 (I don't think the Dynasty was available at the time of about 11 years ago)
                So they looked at a tig runner Sync 350, Price at the time was $4500.00
                THEY BOUGHT ME AN ECONO-TIG!!!!!!!
                and said well this one will weld aluminum. I wanted to strike and arc on his forehead I swear to god.
                Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
                Millermatic 252 on the wish list
                Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
                South bend lathe 10LX40
                K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
                Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
                A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
                Auto shades are for rookies
                www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leefy View Post
                  Looks like the dynasty 350 wins. I'll be ordering tomorrow. Thanks for helping a new guy here. I'll be back with more questions, I'm sure.
                  I have the SyncroWave 350 and it has performed wonderfully. If I were looking to by a Tig today though, I would surely consider the Dynasty.

Probably would buy the Dynasty, but I don't feel hampered with the Syncro.

Griff

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
                    I have the SyncroWave 350 and it has performed wonderfully. If I were looking to by a Tig today though, I would surely consider the Dynasty.

Probably would buy the Dynasty, but I don't feel hampered with the Syncro.

Griff

And I mean no insult to the Syncrowave owners out there for sure. they were and are, great, solid performers... but man.... have you scoped out the price on a complete syncrowave 350LX package??
                    It makes the choice very easy for me at least.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Miller Pricing

Actually the dynasty 350 is priced at $9422.00 complete and the syncrowave 350LX is priced at $7832.00 on Millers product page.

Jackson auto dark helmet
                      Oxy/Act
                      Horizontal Band Saw
                      Dewalt 14" Chop Saw
                      2 - IR Die Grinders

Comment

And I mean no insult to the Syncrowave owners out there for sure. they were and are, great, solid performers... but man.... have you scoped out the price on a complete syncrowave 350LX package??
                        It makes the choice very easy for me at least.

No insult taken. I have not priced them lately but I gave $6,000 (Syncro 350) for mine a couple of years ago. I would guess the Dynasty 350 is not a lot more than that now. That is just a guess.

Griff

Oops! Just looked it up... Syncro 350 $7800 Dynasty 350 $9400. Wow.

But, if I were buying one today, I would not let the $1600 difference be the deciding factor.
                        If I felt I could not afford or justify the 9400 I probably could not swing the 7800 either.

Griff
                        Last edited by griff01; 04-26-2009, 07:37 PM. Reason: pricing

Comment

Those 50 amps are like non existant as far as I am concerned when you realize how you can tune the Dynasty.
                          I have owned a Dynasty 200DX for 2-1/2 years and I am partial to the advanced features and the portability. Eventually I'd like to get a larger machine for thicker aluminum. Unfortunately I only have single phase power. At 30% duty cycle the Syncrowave 350 is good for 400 amps the Dynasty 350 is good for only 250 amps. For my single phase power the Dynasty 350 is 150 amps less than the Syncrowave 350. It doesn't seem to me that the advanced features would make up this difference. What do you think?
                          Miller Thunderbolt
                          Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
                          Miller Dynasty 200DX
                          Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
                          Lincoln LE 31 MP
                          Lincoln 210 MP
                          Clausing/Colchester 15" Lathe
                          16" DuAll Saw
                          15" Drill Press
                          7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
                          20 Ton Arbor Press
                          Bridgeport

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
                            No insult taken. I have not priced them lately but I gave $6,000 (Syncro 350) for mine a couple of years ago. I would guess the Dynasty 350 is not a lot more than that now. That is just a guess.

Griff

Oops! Just looked it up... Syncro 350 $7800 Dynasty 350 $9400. Wow.

But, if I were buying one today, I would not let the $1600 difference be the deciding factor.
                            If I felt I could not afford or justify the 9400 I probably could not swing the 7800 either.

Griff
                            Exactly but when doing a start up biz there is a bit more you need and so 1600 isn't much really.
                            I can't help but add the Dynasty is a fabulous welder at any process it will do.
                            In my mind the 250 sync and the Dynasty 350 is a better comparison because the lower price of the 250 sync really puts you on the fence. With the 350 sync it's a no brainer unless it is used.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                            Miller WC-115-A
                            Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by Leefy View Post
                              Am buying a new Tig. Which would you buy and why? The Dynasty 350 or the Syncrowave 350LX. I am retired and want to start a new business of doing welding repair. Want to cover the small to the large repair from aluminum to to all other metals. Thanks for any advice.
                              As one retiree to another,
                              Get the Dynasty, you can read the book in your spare time! If your as forgetful as I am, each day the book is all brand new again ha!!

mike sr
                              mike sr

Comment

Working...
                              X