Dynasty 200DX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200DX ?

I'm new here and to welding. I have some experience MIG welding but I tried TIG welding a few weeks ago at the shop i work at and I like it more then MIG no guessing if i penetrated the metal or not. I just bought a hood speedglas 9100V

I want to get a TIG welder and i only read anything but good things about the Dynasty 200DX. I'm 19 i figure buy it now before i get older and have things that prevent me yeah know? it's probably just the right amount of machine for what ill use it for which id whatever i feel like making at home and I help mentor a local high school robotics team by welding the robot and some doing some light machine work on a lathe and mill. We use a lot of aluminum mainly 1/8 and lower and every so often when we need it 1/4. Were working on a project now with .035 wall 3/8x3/8 square tube steel which i can weld at work since i wont have my Dynasty in time to do it. i didn't have much faith in my MIG welds this year but they held up through 3 competitions which is good. I'm sure it's not the best way for me to spend roughly 3.5K but I'm sure it would be with me for some time and i could find some ways to make some money with it seems like everyone is doing that on here.

So would it be a good investment? even though I am set on buying it now think of lots of thinks to make

Andy
    Dynasty 200DX
    MillerMatic 211
    Hypertherm Max 42

for what your uses are its a pretty darn good choice. But thats only if you will definitely stick with it, I mean if youre sticking to 1/8 and under you could just get an econotig for half the price. But if youre planning on sticking with welding seriously then yea a dynasty is a great choice, its portable and has great features for such a small machine. Since its portable youll always have to be making pigtails and what not, which is kind of a pain (thats what I learned recently haha), but hey gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with your choice.

Comment

You will not regret getting a Dynasty! As you improve you will begin to use more of it's great features!
      Dynasty 200 DX runner
      Sync 350 LX
      XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
      Hobart 135
      ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty2OO View Post
        Since its portable youll always have to be making pigtails and what not, which is kind of a pain (thats what I learned recently haha), but hey gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with your choice.
        You da "Glass is Half Empty type"

Good lord, ya got a kick arse Multi Voltage Tigger and yer complainin' about it?

psst- ya only gotta make the Pig tails once.
        Ed Conley
        http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
        MM252
        MM211
        Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
        TA185
        Miller 125c Plasma 120v
        O/A set
        SO 2020 Bender
        You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post

psst- ya only gotta make the Pig tails once.

Im dunno...I'm beginning to think it is more of an ongoing thing.
          For me at least. But I have changed the set-up I was using to now include 3 phase in the future. I should'a done that to start with.... Yea.... I guess yer right!!!
          One thing for sure there is a bunch of combos.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

I put about 15 hours on mine this week, it sure is a fun machine to play with and big enough to do some serious work too..........
            Dynasty 200dx, $2825.00 from Indiana Oxygen, bare machine.
            I am retired and still buying toys ha!!

mike sr
            mike sr

Comment

andyman: it's the way to go. and if you want to save some money get the SD
              i forget what i paid for mine but it was well under 3k.
              and i'm not doing to look it up but i thought the econotig can't do alum?
              TB 325
              TB 302
              dynasty 200sd
              spoolmatic 30a/wc24
              suitcase x-treme 12vs
              miller 211
              evolution rage 2

Comment

Buying a Dynasty 200 SD vs buying a Dynasty 200 DX is like buying a BMW without air conditioning. If you're going to spend that much money, spend a little extra and get the pulse and sequencing options that come with the DX.

If you don't, you'll regret it down the road. Take my word on that.
                Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200 DX
                Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                Hobart HH187
                Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                  Buying a Dynasty 200 SD vs buying a Dynasty 200 DX is like buying a BMW without air conditioning. If you're going to spend that much money, spend a little extra and get the pulse and sequencing options that come with the DX.

If you don't, you'll regret it down the road. Take my word on that.
                  i looked at millers price and there is only $300 differance.but i think i payed around $2200 for mine.(2years ago) if theres a good amount to be saved then it's not just having to roll your window down. and how can you say "regret" i can weld soda cans or 1/4 plate alum. you make it sound like if he doesn't get the DX, then there can't be welding?
                  TB 325
                  TB 302
                  dynasty 200sd
                  spoolmatic 30a/wc24
                  suitcase x-treme 12vs
                  miller 211
                  evolution rage 2

Comment

Vin-man,

You ever used a tig welder with pulse?

Well worth the extra few dollars when you take everything into consideration. I added the pulse option to my Sync 250 DX and it was the best $200 I've spent lately.
                    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                    Hobart HH187
                    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                    More grinders than hands

Comment

Got my 200dx two weeks ago from Baker's Gas and Welding Suppy for $2739 , that included shipping. Btw is was a brand new machine not old stock.
                      Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
                      Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
                      Rockwell vertical mill
                      Beverly Shear B-3
                      Beverly Shear JR
                      Home-made English wheel
                      Milwaukee Porta-band
                      " Sawz-all
                      Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
                      Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
                      Powcon 300st

Comment

I personally would go with pulse, It really helps with thin material to keep distortion to a minimum, helps agitate the puddle for impurities, and if hes fairly new to welding he can use it as training to get his dipping rhythm down. Thats what I first used pulse for on stainless because I couldnt weld stainless for the life of me when I started.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I know i can get the 200DX for at least $2800 on cyberweld.com i'll have to check lws to see if i can get it cheaper or a better deal i planned on buying a #26 torch pkg that way I don't need a water cooler just yet. I should get it by august I'll be working full time during the summer hopefully some overtime to help me get it sooner.

Andy
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          MillerMatic 211
                          Hypertherm Max 42

Comment

Or go for the SD if money is tight, a half wit can upgrade this unit to a DX at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                              Or go for the SD if money is tight, a half wit can upgrade this unit to a DX at any time.
                              Problem Cruizer: There are a LOT of halfwits around here (just look at all the LWS's that haven't fixed these guy's welders properly!!!
                              When are you gonna take a little trip to the states??!!!
                              Come here for a couple months, and have a "Cruizer's Mobile Repair" "shop"
                              I'm not late...
                              I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Working...
                              X