X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leefy
    replied
    FusionKing

Sorry, I didn't catch the button reference. I'll learn to keep my mouth shut and just read the information. Especially since I'm new here and new to Tig.

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied
    GPappy- I've used both set ups in my years of tigging and prefer the "kisser button" as some refer to it, its nice because all you do is set your machine to the settings you would weld at(heat,arc control,post-flow,pre-flow) keep in mind I'm useing this as an example to the machines I have used (syncrowave
    250 with straight argon @25-30 for gas flow,

Like the other guys have said it works great for alot of on/off welding so once you push the button you better be moveinig with it or you will blow holes in your work project if your not watching close enough, but its what works for you that counts so try it and see if it does or not.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Leefy View Post
    On the dynasty 350 remote standard will give you an adjustable control with the wheel just as the foot control. If you chose rmt-2t it is just an on/off switch.
    We are talking about the BUTTON...it doesn't have ANY function other than on and off, and it works like that in remote std mode, and no other setting is the same either.
    If you try the RMS-14 on your 350 Dynasty you will see what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Leefy
    replied
    dynasty 350

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    once you use it and master it on aluminum you tend to prefer it over other set-ups. Esp. on big fab projects like boats etc.
    About half of a Dynasty owners manual is about how to set it up in different ways for the button.
    On my 700 I just have it set on remote std. and it is simply on-off, which is perfect IMO.
    On the dynasty 350 remote standard will give you an adjustable control with the wheel just as the foot control. If you chose rmt-2t it is just an on/off switch.

Leave a comment:

• GPappy
    replied
    Again, thank you for the replies. I think I have read the manual enough to be able to set this thing up and I will try the button only before investing in a foot pedal.

Way more welder than I need but I couldn't pass up the deal and now I am all blue. Miller does make some nice equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    once you use it and master it on aluminum you tend to prefer it over other set-ups. Esp. on big fab projects like boats etc.
    About half of a Dynasty owners manual is about how to set it up in different ways for the button.
    On my 700 I just have it set on remote std. and it is simply on-off, which is perfect IMO.
    FK--Isn't that because you are welding 2" thick material with 1/2" tungsten and it takes 2 hands to hold the 700amp torch that is fed with a 3-1/2" fire hose for cooling??:

OP- I am realitively new to tig welding and more and more I am welding AL.
    Even with my minimal experience I find I more often then not (with my Dynasty 200dx) I get the settings set where I like them with the petal all the way down and I use speed and torch motion to control the puddle (An on/off switch) would work even better especially when I am trying to walk around the fitting. I look forward to trying out a few different configurations when I get the chance.

Best of success!

Tim

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    I've worked in places with several tig machines and not one had anything but a button.
    Also worked where they had only fingertips.
    Down the road Modine only has the pedal with dozens of machines.
    Go figure. I've made sure I am proficient at all 4 methods. Keeps me on my toes

Leave a comment:

• SundownIII
    replied
    GPappy,

The on/off switch you have is commonly used in welding anodized aluminum employing the "bump method".

Amps (generally higher than used for normal Al welding) are set on the base machine. When the button is depressed the high energy arc "blasts" the oxides away from the weld bead area. This is a greatly simplified description but should give you an example of where that type of button is used most often.

As you've found, there's no amp adjustment. Simply on/off at the amps you set on the machine.

If your machine has an arc counter/arc timer you can tell a lot about how the previous owner used the machine (type welding). A very high number of arc starts relative to the total arc time would lead one to think that the previous owner was doing a fair amount of bump welding.

The simplicity of the button is the big selling point. Easy to use when working in structures (towers, roll cages, etc) where a foot pedal would be impractical. For bench work you'll still probably want a pedal controller.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    IMO not really.
    If you just hook it up and set it on remote std it is all you need.
    programing is for certain situations where you need to perfect a production process.
    It is a no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• GPappy
    replied
    Thank you for the responses.

I read the manual and it looked like you could program the Dynasty and then use the push button to turn it on or off. I was curious as to which applications this would be best for as I had only known about foot pedal and the hand control for varying the output. After all, if an on/off push button is enough, why would anyone need a foot pedal? Looks like the ability to program the Dynasty is the key.

Leave a comment:

• welderdude402
    replied
    Ok, so it sounds like they just re-named the feature. That might explain a little bit of the confusion. I should look into this a little deeper.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied

Leave a comment:

• welderdude402
    replied
    No, I was thinking of the setting on the machine. At least the Lincoln Squarewave I used where I used to work had the 2/4step switch on the powersource itself....I thought the Dynasty also had it. The ones we had in college had it I think..and one of them only had the push button on it...I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• davedarragh
    replied
    Rms-14

"Remote Momentary Switch" 14 pin. They are very useful in repetitive "on/off" applications. (making spot or short welds)

Otherwise, just hold it down.

It's not a rheostat type of control, so what ever your machine is set on is what you're going to get.

Welderdude: You might be referring to the RMLS-14? It has a maintained contact switch.

Hope this helps.

Dave
    Last edited by davedarragh; 04-22-2009, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• welderdude402
    replied
    Depends on whether you're in 2step or 4step. In 2, you push the button hold it, weld, and let go when your done. 4, you push the button once, weld, push it again to stop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X