O/A Quick Connects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/A Quick Connects

Anybody using quick connects have any say on their reliability,I've noticed as we all have how the ones for air end up.Planning on installing on some gear,ineart also.It's not so much of the cost of buying them being a waste ,but more so of being on site empty.Ever happen to anyone...what's the good and bad on these?
    ''True genius,in many fields of human endeaver,is often revealed in elegant simplicity"

Ive been using them since 1999, They work very well.

The only problem I have is in the salt going down the road on my portable rig in the winter time they get a little clogged so I clean the with clean water and on the inerts I use W-D 40.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
      Anybody using quick connects have any say on their reliability,I've noticed as we all have how the ones for air end up.Planning on installing on some gear,ineart also.It's not so much of the cost of buying them being a waste ,but more so of being on site empty.Ever happen to anyone...what's the good and bad on these?
      I use them every day don't buy the western brass ones they are junk. The ones to get are the Koikes they last forever

Comment

I have a set of the western brass ones they seem fine so far.What goes wrong with them?
        Harris welding torch
        Harris Cutting torch propane
        Syncrowave 200
        Mastercraft 4.5 grinder
        20 ton press
        Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Machine
        Miller Digital Elite (Luckys Speed Shop)
        3/4" Welding Table

Comment

Originally posted by SGS Welding View Post
          I have a set of the western brass ones they seem fine so far.What goes wrong with them?
          Up here in Canada we get really cold winter's ,they ice up and come undone for no apparent reason. I just find that the Koike's don't come undone as easy and are easier to clean. That's just my opinion. the Koike's are more money but I've never replaced a set and have gone through lots of western brass one's over the years. It could have something to do with them being all brass maybe,I don't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SGS Welding View Post

Thay're fine if you work inside, but put them out in the sand, dirt, mud and they are not so fine.
            Koikes live in the dirt and grit.

JTMcC.
            Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Thanks I'm in Canada as well (Ontario)but my stuff is in the shop 99% of the time so they should last well for me.Wish I would have known about the Kiones though at the time of purchase.
              Harris welding torch
              Harris Cutting torch propane
              Syncrowave 200
              Mastercraft 4.5 grinder
              20 ton press
              Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Machine
              Miller Digital Elite (Luckys Speed Shop)
              3/4" Welding Table

Comment

Working...
              X