Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinder/Utility Stand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grinder/Utility Stand

    Hey, if you guys don't mind posting those pics of yours again, just so I won't have to go through 1 week of old posts...can we make 1 thread and collaborate all the stands you guys made for holding your grinders and other stuff like that? Making one for my boss/friend and I need ideas
    thanks in advance,
    bert
    Last edited by Bert; 04-16-2009, 08:17 PM.
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

  • #2
    Hand grinder/utility stand

    ok...so I went through some old posts...tried to...couldn't find NOTHING
    Anyone got pics of their hand grinder/utility stands? I think the few that I saw was random, on different threads that had nothing to do with stands...
    thanks again,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

    Comment


    • #3
      OK...you mean for a grinder such as a 4 1/2" disc grinder.
      And here I was gonna break down and take a pic of my old bench grinder stand so you all could laugh at it!
      I don't have a hand grinder stand but it sounds like a cool idea maybe.

      www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

      Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bert View Post
        Hey, if you guys don't mind posting those pics of yours again, just so I won't have to go through 1 week of old posts...can we make 1 thread and collaborate all the stands you guys made for holding your grinders and other stuff like that? Making one for my boss/friend and I need ideas
        thanks in advance,
        bert
        I stacked up 5 car rims and tacked them together, put on a little top for my drill press. Made another one for my 12" disc sander. Rims are easy to find and are pretty stable. The bottom one can be filled with cement if needed...Bob
        Bob Wright

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
          OK...you mean for a grinder such as a 4 1/2" disc grinder.
          And here I was gonna break down and take a pic of my old bench grinder stand so you all could laugh at it!
          I don't have a hand grinder stand but it sounds like a cool idea maybe.
          yes FK, I meant a stand for 4-1/2" and 7" disk grinders. Sorry for the confusion. I think I saw one that had like a tripod legs welded to the vertical trunk and a horizontal bar/angle on the top. This way you can just "hook" your grinders on it. I forgot what else they had "added" to that....
          thanks Bob and FK,
          bert
          I'm not late...
          I'm just on Hawaiian Time

          Comment


          • #6
            I use the bench vise for mine, I have several of the 4 1/2 grinders with various wheels on each them. I would like to see some of these stand configs......

            mike sr
            mike sr

            Comment


            • #7
              Here's one I threw together from scrap, much of it was not even cut to length, just used as found in the heap. It has been 10 times more useful than I expected, if I ever build another I will know it is worth my while to put a little more thought and time into it......

              Click image for larger version

Name:	GSFront.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	504332

              Click image for larger version

Name:	GSRight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	504333

              Click image for larger version

Name:	ABHolder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	504334

              Click image for larger version

Name:	GSHooks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	504335

              Click image for larger version

Name:	GSMarkerHolder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	504336
              Larry

              "I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

              Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
              Lincoln Weldpac 100
              Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
              Miller Spool gun 100
              Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
              Victor Super Range II

              Comment


              • #8
                Talking to ourself again Bert?
                Dylan

                RED BIRD WELDING

                "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

                HH-140
                Crappy stick welder
                Victor supper range II
                Makita grinder
                more stuff i don't feel like listing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Larwyn View Post
                  Here's one I threw together from scrap, much of it was not even cut to length, just used as found in the heap. It has been 10 times more useful than I expected, if I ever build another I will know it is worth my while to put a little more thought and time into it......
                  Larwyn: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about......YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  Ahhh. Guys!! PLEASE post your pictures for at LEAST 45-60 kb!!! It still is fast for the dial-up guys and MUCH larger!!!! Hard to squint at these small photos!!! Sucks to get old
                  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I'm not late...
                  I'm just on Hawaiian Time

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by migwelder05 View Post
                    Talking to ourself again Bert?
                    Dude!!!!! I'm a PORT-U-GEE!!!!!! If no one answers me right away, I start doing that sometimes!!!!!
                    I'm not late...
                    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Its ok we all talk to ourself, its when you argue with yourself and you lose that it becomes a problem.
                      Dylan

                      RED BIRD WELDING

                      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

                      HH-140
                      Crappy stick welder
                      Victor supper range II
                      Makita grinder
                      more stuff i don't feel like listing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by migwelder05 View Post
                        Its ok we all talk to ourself, its when you argue with yourself and you lose that it becomes a problem.
                        That, and: "It's ok to talk to yourself, but when you start ANSWERING yourself, THAT'S a problem"

                        Oops! I'm HIJACKING MY OWN THREAD!!!
                        I'm not late...
                        I'm just on Hawaiian Time

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Grinder Stand

                          Originally posted by Larwyn View Post
                          Here's one I threw together from scrap, much of it was not even cut to length, just used as found in the heap. It has been 10 times more useful than I expected, if I ever build another I will know it is worth my while to put a little more thought and time into it......

                          [ATTACH]17925[/ATTACH]

                          [ATTACH]17926[/ATTACH]

                          [ATTACH]17927[/ATTACH]

                          [ATTACH]17928[/ATTACH]

                          [ATTACH]17929[/ATTACH]
                          If you don't have a patent on your idea, I may borrow the concept, and add a 4-plex 120V outlet at the bottom with a 25' 10-2 cable. Naturally, I wouldn't copy yours in every detail (your idea, your invention), but the novel design (including beverage pad) is unique. Very resourceful.

                          Dave
                          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Most of the pipe guys who have to grab a grinder a go, merely cut out a plate kinda like a reversed "m" Grinder wheel slides in holding the grinder in place and pops out for easy use.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                              If you don't have a patent on your idea, I may borrow the concept, and add a 4-plex 120V outlet at the bottom with a 25' 10-2 cable. Naturally, I wouldn't copy yours in every detail (your idea, your invention), but the novel design (including beverage pad) is unique. Very resourceful.

                              Dave
                              No problem build away.
                              Larry

                              "I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

                              Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
                              Lincoln Weldpac 100
                              Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
                              Miller Spool gun 100
                              Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
                              Victor Super Range II

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X