Broken wire # 34 aead 200le

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken wire # 34 aead 200le

Hi there.... For some reason I cannot post a new thread? Yes, I'm logged in, but heck... I'm brain dead or what, ha!

Okay, help... I have a broken wire marked number 34 from the negative terminal of the ignition coil, and the drawing shows that it goes to the power weld switch. Should be easy eh... not on your life it is... I cannot see where this wire has come off from, nor is there a terminal that has lost a wire, despite the wire end having the remains of a terminal attached.

SYMPTOM: For some reason, when the switch S1 is moved from the weld to power, the move kills the engine. Does this number 34 wire have a baring on this function?

Help would be appreciated. email [email protected]
    Kind regards
    Tony
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Serial # and I'll get right on it, oh wire 34 is positive, sooo it should go to the positive side of the coil, as for suddenly kill the engine you may have a dead short, but I'll know once that serial# is supplyed.

Comment

Broken wire 34

Hi there, cruizer. Thanks for the reply. By the way, I have found that the wire (34) goes to a lone spring operated switch via a diode. The switch is not S1 as I suspected the wire might have gone to, and I have no further details to give you, sorry.

The serial number for the D200LE is HH046968. the engine is the old Onan CCKA-MS/2748J Serial number D7702244-76 and runs wonderfully, too.

I have, today, changed out SR2 6 Amp 400 V for a new 50 Amp 1Kv bridge rectifier. I have not been able to test the unit yet as I ran out of the correct size spade terminals to replace the one I broke trying to disconnect it from the old bridge Tomorrow, I am going to disconnect D1 & D2 test them and clean the insulated plate that hold these two diodes and the bridge to the frame. (139) R4 12 ohm 180 watt, does not exist? By the way, I suspect that D2 is short... I hope that is enough information.. Kind regards
      Tony
      Attached Files
      Last edited by g6ypk; 04-14-2009, 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling of enough...enoug

Comment

Working...
      X