Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes my . . .

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    I just read the post. How are you going to drill square holes or was that a mistake? Also you mentioned tapping 3/16" tubes. You don't get a lot of thread out of 3/16. Is this for the CNC plasma table?
    Yes my plan is to build a plasma table . . . and that was square tube, not square "hles" . .

You typically need a higher rated plasma cutter for the same material due to the speed . . .

Thansk
    Steve
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Comment

I think a good drill press and some high stands to hold the material will do better for you unless you plan on doing heavy repair in witch case to steel max mag drill I found to be one of the best around, it self lubes down the center of the angular bit, the magnet holds at half power till the switch is turned on to save the magnet,and it rides on a rail type system witch is easy to maintain, and it's light
      Trailblazer 302G
      MM 210 with spool gun
      Thermal Arc Heffty2 CC/CV suitcase
      Smith torches
      Porter Cable 14" carbide chop saw
      griders and hand tools coming out the WAZOO

I owe! I owe! so off to work I go!

Comment

i agree w/ everyone else... a porta-mag is not what you want... my milwaukee's magnet doesn't hold worth a crap on 3/16".

even a $149 delta bench top drill press would do this job better than a $1000+ mag drill.

basically my milwaukee mag drill needs 3/8" steel to "stick" to, try to use it on thinner material and you'll just start shattering those $60 bits.
        Bobcat 225NT
        Cutmaster 52
        Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
        Caterpillar TH63
        '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by Burnindaylight View Post
          I think a good drill press and some high stands to hold the material will do better for you
          And after lifting these 75 lb sections up to your freestanding drill press, just think of what your biceps and triceps will look like! You'll save money from the gym membership for sure.

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
          Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
          "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
          "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
          "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
            I just read the post. How are you going to drill square holes or was that a mistake? Also you mentioned tapping 3/16" tubes. You don't get a lot of thread out of 3/16. Is this for the CNC plasma table?
            you can drill square holes you just need a square drill
            Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
            Millermatic 252 on the wish list
            Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
            South bend lathe 10LX40
            K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
            Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
            A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
            Auto shades are for rookies
            www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

Working...