syncrowave 350 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syncrowave 350 problems

i was having trouble with the high frequency jumping to start so i changed the contact assembly & that cured that problem but now when you hold the button on when welding continous it does fine for alittle while then starts acting like its losing current & starts sputtering...it only act up on AC hi freq continuous...DC start is fine...whats up with this?
    Last edited by thunder71; 04-03-2009, 09:01 PM. Reason: add pic

Turn your crater switch off

Comment

crater fill time switch = off
      arc control = off
      start amperage = off
      hi freq. = cont.
      balance = 10
      post flow = 24
      amps = 230
      serial # KB090222
      stock# 902976

tig stainless perfect
      tig aluminum not so good, acts like the current drops when i hold the button down.........was perfect until recently...

Comment

Is it in 2 step or 4 step position

Comment

you lost me here!! 2 step,4 step?

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Is it in 2 step or 4 step position

Comment

2 step means when you hit the button, the current is running til you release the button. 4 step you hit the button once and release it and the current goes through, then push the button again to turn it off
            sigpic
            Miller Trailblazer 302
            Smith Torch Outfit
            Lots of Grinders
            Miller Elite Autodark Hood
            O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

thanks, i guess it's 2 step...on off on off...welding on anodized aluminum...how would you set to 4 step? not that i would like that just curious...

Comment

IF it has it, there would be a toggle switch on the machine. Usually will just say 2step and 4step above and below the switch. (or side by side).

do you have a close up of the control panel?
                sigpic
                Miller Trailblazer 302
                Smith Torch Outfit
                Lots of Grinders
                Miller Elite Autodark Hood
                O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

I have the same machine & it has just started doing the same thing on ac continuous.
                  After looking in my manual it says it could be the spark gap. I will try adjusting mine tomorrow and post my results.
                  It says to set them between 0.004 and 0.008.
                  Hope this helps both of us.

Comment

here's a picture

Comment

i installed a new spark gap assembly & set the gaps at .008 ,same problem exists

Originally posted by DARKDRGGON View Post
                      I have the same machine & it has just started doing the same thing on ac continuous.
                      After looking in my manual it says it could be the spark gap. I will try adjusting mine tomorrow and post my results.
                      It says to set them between 0.004 and 0.008.
                      Hope this helps both of us.

Comment

Didn't think that would help much, if any....

Is your tip balling up? What type of tungsten are you using? since the remote only goes to whatever the local control is set at, what is your procedure?

Comment

Does it do the same thing on non anodized aluminum, probably not. Is it anodized 43 or 52 series aluminum, duralumin or some other Aluminum derivitive. Duralumin and other alloyed Aluminum is difficlt to weld to begin with and after heat treating for get it.

Comment

Well it didn't help mine either.
                            I'm welding on regular aluminum 6063, 4043 and 3003 I think.
                            Mine will weld fine for a few seconds then starts acting up.
                            I turn everything off then back on and it may or may not work again for a few seconds.
                            I checked for loose connections but everything seems tight.

Comment

Get someone to watch the HF as you are welding to see if there is a good constant spark at the points first
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X