Weldor needed for summer season Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weldor needed for summer season Alaska

Found an experienced Aluminum weldor.....Thanks for looking...Work is in Naknek Alaska...Work is Mig (spool gun) on Aluminum boats...Hull and deck repairs, engine and gear mounts etc. Also Diesel exhaust systems,(Stainless and aluminized steel) Tig and mig..Most work is outside in boat yard working off service truck..Bad weather, wind, bugs....Not for the timid or faint of heart...Starts mid may 2009 and runs until mid August 2009. approx 90 days...we work 7 days a week approx 50-60 hrs week..We sometimes have a couple weeks of heavy steel GMAW dock work at seasons end as well as some GMAW pipe work...Job requires you to fly to King Salmon, Alaska...Pay is $20-$40 per hr DOE....Room and board (2 meals daily and shared cabin sleeping quarters) $15 a day ....This work is short term..You will hit the ground running and when it's over it's [email protected]
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................
    I've received a couple responses to this ad but...I need someone who is an EXPERIENCED aluminum welder...These diesel powered fishing boats are made of 5086 in 3/16 and 1/4 inch thickness with the keel, shoe, and rudders made of 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4.. Marine experience is a big plus! Thanks...email to [email protected]
    Last edited by bayweld; 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM. Reason: Hired a weldor

Hmmmm, you you need any welder repair Techs.....

Comment

Sounds like a great job. Unfortunately I already have one a lot like it. It's heavy earth movers instead of boats, but I get all the bugs and wind and weather I could ask for. I head for Dawson City Yukon in a couple days, back to the placer mine for the season.
      Big Blue 400D
      Trailblazer 302
      Miller S-32 suitcase
      12VS suitcase
      Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
      Victor torches
      Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
      Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
      Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        Hmmmm, you you need any welder repair Techs.....
        Its that slow in Alberta right now eh?
        hre

Comment

Wow! That would be sooo cool! For someone who loves boats (like me) to go to Alaska and work work on them,.. what an opportunity!! If I was younger,..

Comment

Used to be my backyard!! Could be good for the right guy! This is a place is a quan't little indian village (lots of tourist fishermen in the summer and also the center of the most profitable salmon industry in Alaska, not far from the best fishing/ hunting in the world, but trust me it will be "culture shock" for 99% of the rest of ya!! I used to fly my float plane out of Naknek the pond is called 'Slopbucket' lake!! Not uncommon to have a few brownbear in town with ya and usually we kept the shotgun next to the sleeping bag (oh thats right you are going to be in a cabin You young bucks ought to jump on it!!
            The men are men and the girls, well they are ok, most have all their teeth still? (just kidding). I miss those days fishing for 20lb rainbows and catching artic grayling till you were to tired to fish! here is a few photos taken in the area.

Tim
            Attached Files
            sigpicRetired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
            AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
            Chaplain CMA chapter 26
            Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
            MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
            Hypertherm PM-45
            Miller 140 mig 110v
            Vtwin builder

Comment

Oh to be young and single... well I'm still young at least!!!
              at home:
              2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
              2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
              2008 Suitcase 12RC
              Spoolmatic 30A
              WC-24
              2009 Dynasty 200DX
              2000 XMT 304
              2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
              Sold:MM130XP
              Sold:MM 251
              Sold:CST 280