X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruizer
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    I thought tho awhile back somebody was trying that on a 300 Dynasty and it didn't work well at all.
    Then somebody from miller commented that the inverters simply would not do it because of design features.
    I could be wrong but that's what I'm remmembering being the case. If not sorry.
    I am aware it is done on transformers everyday.
    Basically the guts in a Dynasty is basically a modified XMT 304 so all you'd have to do is turn up via the display panel to a higher ocv and using the correct wire, CC DC, a VS feeder and weld away.

Leave a comment:

• Showdog75
    replied
    Xmt's are inverters and you can run a vs feeder all day everyday with those.Seems like someone here said on dynasty's you should turn the ocv up when running a feeder.The reason I sold my 12vs was because I was told here that a dynasty wouldn't do a good job with a feeder and I decided I'd just get a dedicated mig to compliment a dynasty, best of both worlds.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    I thought tho awhile back somebody was trying that on a 300 Dynasty and it didn't work well at all.
    Then somebody from miller commented that the inverters simply would not do it because of design features.
    I could be wrong but that's what I'm remmembering being the case. If not sorry.
    I am aware it is done on transformers everyday.

Leave a comment:

• kcstott
    replied
    He didn't say what kind of wire feeder.
    No it will not run and RC wire feeder but it will run a VS Voltage sensing.

I hooked mine up to my Syncrowave 200 and it ran just fine all be it a little aggressive Like cruiser said near spray transfer.

But it is best to hook up any wire feeder to a CV power source. And for anything on the thin side (less then 1/8" inch) a CV power supply is REQUIRED Because most CC power sources will have to high of an open circuit voltage to weld thing stuff. The feeder can only compensate so much.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    You can run a voltage sensing feeder on CC, and it'll run just fine with a good dual shield wire. It'll run mild steel as well, but in near spray for non critical welds.

Leave a comment:

• El Guanche
    replied
    Thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Nope.
    The Dynasty is a CC(constant current) machine. You need a CV(constant voltage) machine for doing mig.
    Plus, there is no 24Vac in the remote plug to run the feeder.

This comes up more than I would like. We must not be doing a good job in our liturature on what this machine is capable of.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• El Guanche
    started a topic wire feeder on a dynasty dx

wire feeder on a dynasty dx

Can I hook up a dynasty dx to a wire feeder?
Working...
X