New to me Bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bert,

Umm... The reason I told you to take a pic of the name plate is so that you'd have all the info you need when you start googling.

Right at the bottom, it says: "Central Machinery, Camarillo, California"

I got this from the Yellow Pages search:

Central Machinery
    3491 Mission Oaks Blvd
    Camarillo, CA 93012
    805-388-2000

Good luck,

Jon

Comment

Dave,
      thanks for all the tips!!!!!!!!!! Well, I went to the shop to do a little cleaning. Got all the frozen bolts up and out (Liquid Wrench is the BOMB!!! WD-40 didn't work). Only 2 problems, the plastic knob for the blade cover was stripped, had to yank it off then the bolt came off easily with vice-grips, now moves very easily. Think I'm going to try to heat up the plastic know and shove it back on the bolt. 2nd thing was the last owner bent the stop bar for whatever reason....won't come out of the hole so I can bend the bar straight or make a new one....here are pics:

I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Hey Bert? If you need some pics of one of those saws I can go take some andpost them if you like Jim.
        Welding in Crete
        Syncrowave 350 LX
        Millermatic 252
        Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
        Miller Gold Seal 155
        Miller Elite welding helmet
        JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
        Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
        Hypertherm Powermax 30
        Some really cool hammers BIG and small

Comment

Originally posted by uhohjim View Post
          Hey Bert? If you need some pics of one of those saws I can go take some andpost them if you like Jim.
          Thanks Jim. The link to the manual that Fishy Jim sent me looks good. You have pics that show more than that?? Look at post #11
          thanks again,
          bert
          I'm not late...

Comment

"Saw's-All-Right"

If you get that stop out of there, 1/2" bar stock will fit, if you need one. Might want to consider a little "heftier" stand, don't know about the re-bar Knobs, hand wheels, all that stuff, can be bought on line, or you can make your own. Don't be surprised if you find some metric goodies threaded into places.

Keep us posted of your progress.

Dave
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              Dave,
              2nd thing was the last owner bent the stop bar for whatever reason....won't come out of the hole so I can bend the bar straight or make a new one....
              The machine probably fell off that flimsy stand and bent the rod.

Comment

"Bend Saw"

Originally posted by jonnymag View Post
                The machine probably fell off that flimsy stand and bent the rod.
                Jonny: How true! Good observation, I'd say you're right!

Dave
                "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Hey Bert. I have some parts for your saw. I had a junker given to me for parts. Let me know what you need. Check out my yahoo saw group too...Bob
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/
                  Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                    Hey Bert. I have some parts for your saw. I had a junker given to me for parts. Let me know what you need. Check out my yahoo saw group too...Bob
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/
                    Wow cool!!!!!!! Send me whatever is light enough!
                    Knobs, screws, etc. that stop block

Jonnymag, Makes sense! I agree with you too!!
                    I'm not late...

Comment

Oh Bob, btw, if the motor/pulley cover is still good, that would be great also!!
                      thanks,
                      bert
                      I'm not late...

Comment

Well, looking at Fishy Jim's pics, I went back yesterday and cleaned out the area real good, and LOW and BEHOLD, there WAS a set screw holding down
                        the bar for the stop bar It was so covered with dirt, it kinda blended in with the rest of the metal....did more cleaning and it all looks better (took the round bar out, heated it up and straightened it, didn't have extra laying around). I don't think I'll waste the time to sandblast it and repaint it. Kids are going to use it too, so I won't cry when they scratch it up more....Now all I have to do is get a new blade and change the motor wiring.....
                        I'm not late...

Comment

I use Starret blades. The HF blades for that saw are crap.
                          AutoArc 230 (MM 210)
                          3035 spoolgun
                          Spectrum 625
                          Dialarc HF w/Coolmate 4

Comment

Originally posted by bob_e95482 View Post
                            I use Starret blades. The HF blades for that saw are crap.
                            Haven't seen Starret blades here, I had their catalog once, but not many people stock their stuff. "Got to order it for you...." On my DeWalt portable, I use Makita blades and they seem to do well....I get 2 of them in the box for $13 or $14.........
                            thanks Bob
                            I'm not late...

Comment

burt my grandfather has i think the exact band saw i can find out what size blades it takes if you want, also he has a bigger plate the attaches so he can free hand cut in the vertical position. it attaches where i have the arrow, just take the two screw out and put the plate on it and put the screws back in.
                              Attached Files
                              Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
                              Crappy stick welder
                              Victor supper range II
                              Makita grinder
                              more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Comment

Originally posted by migwelder05 View Post
                                burt my grandfather has i think the exact band saw i can find out what size blades it takes if you want, also he has a bigger plate the attaches so he can free hand cut in the vertical position. it attaches where i have the arrow, just take the two screw out and put the plate on it and put the screws back in.
                                thanks Dylan, I don't feel I'll have trouble finding a blade, and I just saw in the manual about the vertical table, so I'm wanting to buy that when I get some extra money for it...
                                Thanks a lot
                                I'm not late...

Comment

Working...
                                X