New to me Bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me Bandsaw

Got this from a friend for free. He is cleaning to move to another place and found this the other owners left behind. Thought I could use it....

Now I have to see if Central Machinery has parts or a manual I could get.
    Bummer it doesn't have speed control, just manual. but hey, it works!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Band saw

Bert it has speed control. You just move the belt to the different pullys on the motor and drive wheel.

You could go to the Harbor Frieght web site and down load thier on line manual and it will tell you the different speeds for the position of the belt on the pullys that should give you a ballpark range of the speed.

good luck.

David
    Learn new things every day.
    You only have so many days.

Century Mig.
    Craftsman stick.
    Miller Diversion 165 Tig
    Hobart Plasma
    HF DC Tig
    1-O/A out fit

Comment

DANG! I didn't realize the PILGRIMS LANDED IN HAWAII ALSO
      or was you salvaging out of Pearl Harbor

Actually looks like you did good. Now do not use that thing untill you open up that gearbox (wear a clothespin on yer nose) and fill with something hightech and more liquid.
      Then get a blade like a 10-14 variable pitch Lennox and tighten the crap out of it.
      But you probably already did all that.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by david myers View Post
        Bert it has speed control. You just move the belt to the different pullys on the motor and drive wheel.

You could go to the Harbor Frieght web site and down load thier on line manual and it will tell you the different speeds for the position of the belt on the pullys that should give you a ballpark range of the speed.

good luck.

David
        David,

DUH, my bad I know it has speed control because of the pulley's, I meant the watumacallit speed that lets the arm/blade down, like our big one. This one I have to hold and let the arm down manually to cut....Unless I'm missing something I'm going to do a search for the manual when I get back home in a couple of hours...

FK, I was hoping to find another pulley that is in better shape than this one.
        and hope that manual says what kind of oil I should use!! And hopefully,
        hope they still make that size blade! If there is a gallon of unsed oil in
        it's original container, it should still be good, right? (I was thinking of
        diving back down to the USS Arizona where I found this puppy and see
        if there are more accessories down there!!!!!!)
        I'm not late...

Comment

I'll be you it takes the common 64.5"X1/2" blade. as for lowering, you do lower it manually, and you adjust the feed pressure with the handle that should be on the back/side of it. All you're doing is adjusting spring tension to balance out the weight of the frame.
          Bobcat 225NT
          Cutmaster 52
          Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
          Caterpillar TH63
          '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

"Spring Has Sprung"

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            David,

DUH, my bad I know it has speed control because of the pulley's, I meant the watumacallit speed that lets the arm/blade down, like our big one. This one I have to hold and let the arm down manually to cut....Unless I'm missing something I'm going to do a search for the manual when I get back home in a couple of hours...

FK, I was hoping to find another pulley that is in better shape than this one.
            and hope that manual says what kind of oil I should use!! And hopefully,
            hope they still make that size blade! If there is a gallon of unsed oil in
            it's original container, it should still be good, right? (I was thinking of
            diving back down to the USS Arizona where I found this puppy and see
            if there are more accessories down there!!!!!!)
            There should be a place on the lower left of the saw for a BIG spring, that you can attach to an adjustable handle. If there isn't you can make one that will keep some tension on the saw to keep it from just cutting like crazy and breaking blades.

Dave
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
              There should be a place on the lower left of the saw for a BIG spring, that you can attach to an adjustable handle. If there isn't you can make one that will keep some tension on the saw to keep it from just cutting like crazy and breaking blades.

Dave
              Thanks Bretsk and Dave. Not sure 100% of what you mean, but I'm going now and take the cover off the gearbox and take pics of the back of it, so you can show me what you mean....
              bert
              I'm not late...

Comment

Tried Google, Central Machinery, HF and eBay. No one seems to have the manual. I kind of suck at searches, if anyone finds the manual for it for free or cheap (1st free will win), gets a box of chocolates

CENTRAL MACHINERY
                HEAVY DUTY BANDSAW T-591/9972
                MFG DATE 199407
                SERIAL # 446274

thanks,
                bert
                I'm not late...

Comment

Here is a link to a HF bandsaw manual: Right click save as

Comment

Originally posted by Sroufe7 View Post
                    Here is a link to a HF bandsaw manual: Right click save as
                    That's pretty close! THANKS! CHECK OUT YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES
                    Can anyone find my manual?!
                    I'm not late...

Comment

The blades are as common as dirt. Homie Desperate might even carry them.

Don't worry about the missing spring, just source out a cylinder for the hydraulic feed control.

Here's the new version's manual. I think the only change was the bigger motor that doesn't like to work right out of the box. (I had one for 4 hours one day)
                      http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...m&ItemID=93762
                      Syncrowave 250DX
                      Invison 354MP
                      XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
                      Smith O/A rig
                      And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                        Thanks Bretsk and Dave. Not sure 100% of what you mean, but I'm going now and take the cover off the gearbox and take pics of the back of it, so you can show me what you mean....
                        bert
                        What we're talking about has nothing to do with the gear box. if you stand facing the long side of the saw, with the motor pulleys facing you. run your eyes down from the pulleys to the pivot of the saw. There should be a projection sticking down from the bow. If the parts are there there will be a long, fairly heavy spring hooked to it. the other end of the spring should be hooked to an eyebolt that is threaded into a piece of pipe with a bicycle grip on it. you turn the grip on the pipe to put more or less tension on the spring.

more tension on the spring = lighter feed pressure
                        less tension on the spring = more feed pressure.

is that more clear?
                        Bobcat 225NT
                        Cutmaster 52
                        Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
                        Caterpillar TH63
                        '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by bretsk2500 View Post
                          What we're talking about has nothing to do with the gear box. if you stand facing the long side of the saw, with the motor pulleys facing you. run your eyes down from the pulleys to the pivot of the saw. There should be a projection sticking down from the bow. If the parts are there there will be a long, fairly heavy spring hooked to it. the other end of the spring should be hooked to an eyebolt that is threaded into a piece of pipe with a bicycle grip on it. you turn the grip on the pipe to put more or less tension on the spring.

more tension on the spring = lighter feed pressure
                          less tension on the spring = more feed pressure.

is that more clear?
                          yep I"m going to leave and go up there to take more pics anyway
                          I'm not late...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
                            The blades are as common as dirt. Homie Desperate might even carry them.

Don't worry about the missing spring, just source out a cylinder for the hydraulic feed control.

Here's the new version's manual. I think the only change was the bigger motor that doesn't like to work right out of the box. (I had one for 4 hours one day)
                            http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...m&ItemID=93762

thanks Jim, that's a more updated version then what sroufe7 found. Looks more detailed Hope those parts can fit on mine also
                            I'm not late...

Comment

"All Brass Band, Saw?"

Those saws, regardless of make, model, and year, are all pretty much basically the same. Wouldn't be surprised if JET parts would fit (idler guides, etc). Put some real good hypoid lube (Mobil) in the gear box, sometimes they come packed in grease, or someone put wheel bearing grease in them. You can buy a belt at NAPA, clean the rust off of it, paint it, be like new!

I bought an old one from my neighbor last year for $25, made a roller frame for it, even had to fabricate a new mount for the saw assembly, as the cast iron one cracked. Still cuts pretty good. Works for me!

64 1/2" blades can be found at Home Depot for about $10 each.

Dave
                              "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Working...
                              X