welding wire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding wire question

I went to a local ABCO to buy some filler wire to weld a cast steel motorcycle cylinder. Because it was a small job he gave me a few pieces of ERCUNI FM67 JD401 3/32 copper/nickel wire to do the job. Everything worked out fine. I just got a new job welding a cast steel part and used the rest of the wire he supplied. Again no problems. Note: I am tig welding with this wire. The company I am doing the job for agreed to supply the wire for me but wants to use there vendor. His vendor does not have this or know what it is.
    My question is what else might this be called? Would it be under a gas welding product?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Welding Wire

Oxt Fuel rods are designated "R45, R60" and are copper coated steel filler wire. TIG (and MIG), wires are designated "ER" and have special deoxidizers as well as silicon, manganese, and sometimes titanium added (ER-70S-2, 6)

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Fab View Post
      I went to a local ABCO to buy some filler wire to weld a cast steel motorcycle cylinder. Because it was a small job he gave me a few pieces of ERCUNI FM67 JD401 3/32 copper/nickel wire to do the job. Everything worked out fine. I just got a new job welding a cast steel part and used the rest of the wire he supplied. Again no problems. Note: I am tig welding with this wire. The company I am doing the job for agreed to supply the wire for me but wants to use there vendor. His vendor does not have this or know what it is.
      My question is what else might this be called? Would it be under a gas welding product?
      Thanks,
      Steve
      Just tell them the truth...your vendor is on the ball and theirs is either lazy, dumb, ignorant or simply doesn't care

I don't let my customers in on the action like that EVER...those are your welds and unless they want the blame for whatever they should let you supply all the consumables and charge accordingly.
      I've actually had a customer go and buy a welder and call me to a job and then motion over to the new machine and say they wanted me to show their guy how to run it!!
      BTW...check out Harris, they just might have it. I'm too lazy

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

??

What is Harris, is that an internet store?

Comment

Harris

Originally posted by Troy Fab View Post
          What is Harris, is that an internet store?
          Harris manufactures oxy/fuel equipment, MIG/flux cored wire, cut length consumable wire, and I believe they are under the "umbrella" of Lincoln electric. Their wires are very good, and readily available on line and at your LWS.

Dave
          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

In my business (Automotive) when you let the customer supply their own stuff you're just asking for a good beatin'. The reason they should have bought it to you is they trusted your expertise. Therefore, they should trust your ability to use good suppliers.

Comment

Thanks Guys

I do not want to mislead you, My customer was going to buy exactly the same wire, he just wanted to buy it from his vendor who is having some tuff times due to the economy.
              I talked to him today and told him I will pick it up at ABCO.
              Again Thanks for the help,
              Steve

Comment

I would just ask for an equivalent

http://www.midalloy.com/html/pdf/nic...are%20Wire.pdf
                "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

-- Seneca the Younger

Comment

Working...
                X