Oil Field Welders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Field Welders

Are there any welders that work in the oil field? I am no "Pro Welder" by any means however i do work in the oil field in the GOM. I am just wanting to network with other members of the "Oil Field Trash" community that are Pro welders or Hobbie welders like myself that work in the Oil Field.
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder
    www.myspace.com/garrettdurio

Originally posted by garrettdurio View Post
    Are there any welders that work in the oil field? I am no "Pro Welder" by any means however i do work in the oil field in the GOM. I am just wanting to network with other members of the "Oil Field Trash" community that are Pro welders or Hobbie welders like myself that work in the Oil Field.
    I do Stainless steel injection well piping and i pipeline. Does that count? Not really sure what GOM is thou. Oilfield workers in alberta are repected like Doctors and Rocket Scientist's .

Comment

My name is Bryce Burden and I work in the oilfield in NW Oklahoma. I am no pro at welding either but I weld a lot at home and do occasionally have to repair things at work. Glad to see some other oilfield hands on here...hope you all are busier than we are here.
      1984 GMC Suburban
      1994 Nissan Maxima
      Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC

Proud Member of the Shattuck Volunteer Fire Dept.

Comment

I'd like to see what its all about. I've welded pipe in the mud, I've welded pipe in the snow, I've welded pipe in the rain, and I have welded pipe in the hot hot sun, do I count as a pro welder?? What is GOM? Like Wicked said on the Seventh day God welded pipe
        Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-09-2009, 07:35 PM.
        DODGE 1 TON 6.7
        PIPEPRO 304
        TO MANY TOOLS
        JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
        rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
        and easily upset
        go flames go

Comment

I'm taking a shot at GOM and because of his location he might be talking about the Gulf of Mexico. And its not very busy in the oilfields of Alberta,Canada either.

Comment

Yeah its extremely slow around here. When I went to work for this outfit I was getting 75 to 80 hours a week and within two months it dropped so bad that now I'm lucky to even get 30. Friend of mine says there is work in Pennsylvania do any of you know anything about how its going up there?
            1984 GMC Suburban
            1994 Nissan Maxima
            Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC

Proud Member of the Shattuck Volunteer Fire Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
              I do Stainless steel injection well piping and i pipeline. Does that count? Not really sure what GOM is thou. Oilfield workers in alberta are repected like Doctors and Rocket Scientist's .
              Gulf Of Mexico
              Garrett R. Durio
              Millermatic 180
              Dewalt 14" chop saw
              B&D 7" grinder
              Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Comment

Originally posted by garrettdurio View Post
                Gulf Of Mexico
                so alot of off shore stuff??
                DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                PIPEPRO 304
                TO MANY TOOLS
                JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
                and easily upset
                go flames go

Comment

Drilling has slowed down but i am in Production and we are ok. The are really watching their budget. i work 14/14 and really do not care if they cut out all the extras just as longas they keep sending a check. i work for a major, hopefully that makes a difference.
                  Garrett R. Durio
                  Millermatic 180
                  Dewalt 14" chop saw
                  B&D 7" grinder
                  Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Comment

Pennsylvania could possibly take off w/ the Marcellus Shale drilling that could happen. Only problem is that there are TONS and TONS of regulations up there and trout fishermen. People don't seem to realize that us oil field workers are fishermen and hunters too and the last thing we want to do is screw up the environment and hunting and fishing habitat. However, that being said, they are making it very tough to do any drilling up there.

If the Marcellus does take off, you're talking about a lot of work.... I think it will, but we oilfield guys need to be careful not to screw it up....

Haynesville Shale in northern Louisiana should be red hot for a while as well. That is a huge play too...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRat View Post
                      Pennsylvania could possibly take off w/ the Marcellus Shale drilling that could happen. Only problem is that there are TONS and TONS of regulations up there and trout fishermen. People don't seem to realize that us oil field workers are fishermen and hunters too and the last thing we want to do is screw up the environment and hunting and fishing habitat. However, that being said, they are making it very tough to do any drilling up there.

If the Marcellus does take off, you're talking about a lot of work.... I think it will, but we oilfield guys need to be careful not to screw it up....

Haynesville Shale in northern Louisiana should be red hot for a while as well. That is a huge play too...
                      yea the company i work for in in the Haynesville stuff
                      Garrett R. Durio
                      Millermatic 180
                      Dewalt 14" chop saw
                      B&D 7" grinder
                      Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Comment

Well i'm no stainless welder but only because i havent dazelled with it at all. (would like too) i do have a mild steel tig pressure ticket and up hand bead down hand bead for 6010 i dunno do i count for a pro welder i dunno any who for the most part yupp it;s dead for work up here but yet i just talked to one spread for a company i work for here and there and he says he;s been flat out since i worked with him before christmas and he doesn't see an end.
                        your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
                        2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
                        PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
                        here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Comment

Haynesville Shale

I think even that has slowed down. 6 months ago that was big news and everyone that had the money was buying up or trying to lease land. Everywhere you went you saw survice company personnel. Now i have heard nothing about it on the news, nor have i been seeing any of the drilling personnel running around.
                          MM 211
                          Hobart stickmate AC/DC
                          Miller Bobcat 225G
                          CutMaster 39
                          And a few other tools here and there

Comment

Originally posted by thatsgre8t View Post
                            I think even that has slowed down. 6 months ago that was big news and everyone that had the money was buying up or trying to lease land. Everywhere you went you saw survice company personnel. Now i have heard nothing about it on the news, nor have i been seeing any of the drilling personnel running around.
                            Chesapeake is kind of in a quagmire right now and they are one of the big players in Haynesville. You won't see as much leasing activity because a lot of that is done. So now there may be a "quiet time" while people scratch their heads on where to drill and how. These ain't cheap wells, but the potential is big - Exco and others have wells that came on over 20 MMcfd. They ain't gonna let that sit for long. There are new players coming in as well. The original estimate was like 150 rigs in the Haynesville. Not sure we will see that anytime soon - and truthfully that is probably very unhealthy for the industry - but you could still have enough rigs to have a very active area for sometime to come.

Comment

I read a report last week that said drillers drilled at 3 times cash flow the last two years, with the credit crunch they will have to drill within cash flow.....till credit breaks loose. the current administration fundementally opposes drilling, so that might be another significant hit, hopefully not. Fayeteville, PA and LA are going to be hopping over the next few years, if the feds allow it. Plus a couple of big finds that haven't been "found" yet.
                              Main line construction should truck along happily the next two years, their funding is already in place and pipe has been ordered. Many 42" transmission lines will be laid.
                              I don't work in the patch but I'm doing my best to add take away capacity ; )

JTMcC.
                              Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Working...
                              X