Nice angle grinder! PFERD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice angle grinder! PFERD

When I was young, it was taught, that when you have good service, or use a good product, you recognize it, and tell someone, and spend less time complaining about the ones that are not good. I have a Pferd 4 1/2 / 5" angle grinder, and it really seems to be great tool. I, like many of you, have toasted my share of grinders, or at least been given one to use, that was
    (almost in the grave). Funny how that happens, and the reply is, it was working great when I was using it. This Pferd has been different, from the beginning. It has a soft start, good/balanced feel, variable speed, and holds up! Hold her right there boys, where are you going with that? I keep MY hands on that one, the loaners are on the cart!
    It seems like this is a great tool. Many of the grinder failures, seem to come from trying to use the 4 1/2 for the job a 7 or 9" should be doing. I try not to overwork my stuff, but when you are in a bad position, sometimes you have to. So I just want to give the Pferd Co. credit, when credit is due, and not complain about the others. Yeah it might be a little high, but quality work and quality tools go together.

Thanks, Always good to know about a quality product.

I always laugh at the guys who think I'm crazy for spending big money on tools like my grinders. They just buy the cheap HF stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I can see uses for those. (door stop come to mind first ) Their tools last months and mine tend to last years with more heavy use. I find a quality product is worth more in the long run than cheap throw away ones.

Comment

Good to know, I have always raved about Metabo grinders.

Peace,
      Paul

Comment

Im Tired of buying grinders. I have bought Dewalt for the longest time now and it seams that the 41/2 grinders only last 1 year and the 9 in will only last 6 7 mounths.

Comment

DeWalt Grinders !!

Originally posted by m.k.swelding View Post
          Im Tired of buying grinders. I have bought Dewalt for the longest time now and it seams that the 41/2 grinders only last 1 year and the 9 in will only last 6 7 mounths.
          m.k.s welding, Hi;
          I've used DeWald Grinders for yrs., and I only had trouble with One !
          They are under full warranty for three yrs., So I got a New one & Higher Model One for Free !! I Also blow the Inside Out on a regular basis,
          ( once a week ) with my air hose ! On a side note you can take Any DeWalt Tool In for Free Cleaning Any Time you want In the first year !

.............. Norm
          www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Where can you buy those at? I went to their Web Site and looked at their products, but their link for a distributor was unfriendly to me.
            BTW I've had good success with Milwaukee Grinders, I like the easy to adjust guard and they have been very reliable.
            Miller Syncrowave 200
            Homemade Water Cooler
            130XP MIG
            Spectrum 375
            60 year old Logan Lathe
            Select Machine and Tool Mill
            More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

while you are talking about grinders - Metabo in particular - is there any maintenance that should be performed on them periodically? greasing gears, etc.?

Comment

Working...
              X