Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrachop
    replied
    Evidently it doesn't work to dip the tig torch in Mig dip That is really ugly!!! Perhaps the aprentice fitter that was grinding decided the tig man had it to easy and dipped the torch?

Tim

Leave a comment:

• nocheepgas
    replied
    No wonder it was for sale! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    I beleive the polarity was wrong and it squirted the base material bact to the torch.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied
    Originally posted by tasslehawf View Post
    Guess I'm glad I have an air cooled torch. Does the water cooler have to be turned on separately?
    Depends. Some machines have a dedicated outlet that goes on and off with the welder, so if you plug in there the cooler will go on and off when you switch on the machine. However, most coolers have a switch on the unit itself, and you can just turn the cooler off and on if you don't have a dedicated outlet or want to use it for say a grinder.

The kids at school always seemed to unplug the darn coolers for some reason. I cam close to burning up one torch when I switched on the cooler and the machine and some kid had pulled the plug.

Leave a comment:

• tasslehawf
    replied
    Guess I'm glad I have an air cooled torch. Does the water cooler have to be turned on separately?

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    It looks like they stuck it in something when it was glowing hot to me.
    I've laid my autodark Jackson hood right down with the lense on my hot torch before It pretty much ruined everything all at once
    In fact I think finding completely new ways to ruin tools could be a pretty good description of my job at times...today was no exception...225amps don't take long to wipe out the power cord to a tig torch without water...I even ruined the cover!!!

Leave a comment:

• tasslehawf
    replied
    How could they have such a nice point on their tungsten if it's fused to the ceramic cup.

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied
    Thats the new dual purpose MIG/TIG torch. Also cuts down on gas usage.

My mig gun never looks that bad no matter how much I weld with no nozzel gel!

Leave a comment:

• Railmen
    started a topic Nice TIG Torch

Nice TIG Torch

Man O man I guess some people just should not WELD..

I found this picture on ebay of a welder for sale...

All i can say is WTF???

HOW??

WHAT WAS YA DOING???

(shaking head)

Railmen....
    Attached Files
Working...
X