Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD Welding
    replied
    I'm still in Vernon. I have 3000 sqf now and love the added space. Not much new stuff altho I just picked up an EDM drill. Swing by and check it out when you get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    You can set any value you want for the start amperage and start time but the slope values are really what make the new unit's arc start function better. IIRC, the slope values are pre-set set on the older units at 250 ms. Miller found out that by lowering that value, combined with a higher start amperage, gave much better and more consistent starts. The best thing you can do is to set your start amperage higher than your start time. Remember too that all these values are in milliseconds.

For an .040 tungsten, I might try setting the machine to 60 start amps for 5 milliseconds. You should see a pretty crisp start with this setting and no wander. The other thing you will have to do is keep your tunsten from frosting as this is a big contributor to arc wandering as well. Just make sure you have adequate post flow. You may also have to keep a fresh tungtsten in the torch, like every 10 or so arc starts. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• WCE Designs
    replied
    Yes MD welding I have been to your shop. I didn't know you moved, I'd love to see your new shop hope all is going well.
    Yes my Dynasty 200DX has the hidden menu and I have changed settings and it works fine.
    I guess what I really wanted to know is if any of the new factory settings for "Blue lightnings" preset values would work on the older 200 DX's even thou I can't change slope, just thought the factory amp and time values might really work well. Thanks to KD Fabracations for the exellent review on the 200 DX I believe I can down load this info in the manual.

www.wcedesigns.com

Leave a comment:

• MD Welding
    replied
    Have you been to my shop before? I moved from the hill.

I have the dynasty 300 and I know you can set the start parameters. I would guess you can in the 200 also. If so try setting the starting voltage lower than your welding amperage. I had to do that for some thin SS.

I know in the mold repair they use micro welding a lot.

Leave a comment:

• WCE Designs
    started a topic Hi New member introduction/question

Hi New member introduction/question

Hi to all, I have been lurking around this site for a while and thought it was time to join. I've been welding since 1972 when I started for Pratt & Whitney aircraft where we TIG welded many materials but mostly titanium in bags and welding chambers etc. When I started we used Gold Stars and we were all excited with the change to syncro waves which I still think are Great machines. After they laid us all off( 37,000 employees to about 2,800 now and we wonder why we have economic problems) I started and ran a commercial weld shop for 15 years then sold it. In 2006 started another small weld shop out of my house to build fountains and artwork hopefully to semi retire this way, which was working well until our politicians started doing their magic! So I'm going to be adding some commercial work IE: tooling and mold repair work here is my question this time around I purchased a 200 dynasty and it's done most of what I've asked because I haven't asked much of it. I've learned to live with some of the starting problems on this machine but now with mold work I need it to start and not wander!! I have searched the site for low amp settings and haven't found what I wanted. Now that KB has tested the new machine I was wondering if we could copy some of the settings that works so well for the factory on these new machines. I realize we can't set slope but I was hoping that someone could shed light on some good settings for .020 .040
    .062 tungsten in the hidden menu. Thank you I hope to be able to contribute to this fourm.

wcedesigns.com
Working...
X