Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahb
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice. Took it apart, and the fan does come on after a few minutes without a load. I blew the whole thing out with air,(it was pretty dusty inside) inspected whatever I could see, didn't observe anything burnt looking, no burnt odor or anything, so maybe I just exceeded the duty cycle. I was running rod after rod for quite some time. We'll see. Fingers crossed, thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• MD Welding
    replied
    Blow it out with compressed air. I had a little piece of grit stoch between the fan blade and the case. It was just enough to bind the fan.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahb
    replied
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I have a feeling its somehow fan related as you can usually at least hear a fan running on a computer, and going by the diagram of the machine, the fan sits up front...

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Well, start by removing the front grill, and check if the fan can spin, spin smooth, or not spin at all. Usually the shroud needs to be cleaned as these fans have next to no torque. It may be that the fan motor requires replacing. It's not too common though.

As for duty cycle, the fan works independently from the duty cycle and will come on without a load in around 10 minutes or so as the IGBTs heat up.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahb
    started a topic XMT 304 overheat code HEL-5

XMT 304 overheat code HEL-5

Have a 50 amp breaker with a short run to the welding receptacle. Then I have a welder extension plugged into that and the 304 hooked to it. When mig welding everything is fine running through a SP12 but if I start using stick function and start using some 6010 rod at about 85 amps, about two or three sticks into welding I get the overheat HEL-5 error I read the manual, and it says the fan should come on when needed. Are the fans usually loud enough to hear from the outside? I don't hear one ever running. Could this perhaps be the problem? At 85 amps or so, I shouldn't be exceeding the duty cycle correct. Any input is appreciated.... Thanks.....
Working...
X